BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its possible it time for me to get a new motor..

I got a MAJOR tick coming from it somewhere and cant seem to pinpoint it yet.. but it doesnt sound good.. def something is grinding hitting.. possibly valves? mabe some gears.. im pulling it right now to see if i can find it.. weirdest part is the noise goes away after the rpms hit about 4/5K and above

anyway.. im probably not going to take it to a shop cause its going to cost me a shitload im sure.. so i would rather just pickup a whole motor...

whos sells complete motors.. or even a complete bike thats been ccrashed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,938 Posts
Why not take it to a mech and ask for a diagnosis first? You don't know what it is but an experienced mech will and can give you a replace or repair scenario. Pulling the motor and just replacing it cuz of ticking without knowing the cause seems a little rash.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
flowrider said:
Why not take it to a mech and ask for a diagnosis first? You don't know what it is but an experienced mech will and can give you a replace or repair scenario. Pulling the motor and just replacing it cuz of ticking without knowing the cause seems a little rash.
yeah but its fun... and then i can rip this motor apart and see how it really works


ebay good idea!


after looking closer i havea feeling my timming chain tensioner died.. or something
ill pull it and maybe not buy a new motor
 

·
Its quiet in here!
Joined
·
524 Posts
ssblade said:
ebay is your friend.

Unless he fucks you over, :rockon

Its still risky. He says the motor is fine, came out of a low mileage-funny how there all low mileage? bike, good compression. You get it, its so beat to shit you can't believe how much you paid. Not saying this happens alot but can and theres no guarantee you'll get your money back. Usually though, by the time you bid, pay shipping, duty etc, its way cheaper to get one here. I was bidding on some engines and the price got stupid, I could have bought another bike cheaper, :(

I agree with Flowrider, have someone look at it, could be something really simple and cheap.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ebay is a risk i know... but thats not the issue.. where can i get motors localy?

and dont take my mechanical stuff to shops cause its something i like to learn about.. and if i got a whole motor then i can rip it down...
AND i took out my tensioner and the spring was broken.. so i think that may be the problem anyway

Biker69 said:
Unless he fucks you over, :rockon

Its still risky. He says the motor is fine, came out of a low mileage-funny how there all low mileage? bike, good compression. You get it, its so beat to shit you can't believe how much you paid. Not saying this happens alot but can and theres no guarantee you'll get your money back. Usually though, by the time you bid, pay shipping, duty etc, its way cheaper to get one here. I was bidding on some engines and the price got stupid, I could have bought another bike cheaper, :(

I agree with Flowrider, have someone look at it, could be something really simple and cheap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,938 Posts
StinkyFatPig said:
ebay is a risk i know... but thats not the issue.. where can i get motors localy?

and dont take my mechanical stuff to shops cause its something i like to learn about.. and if i got a whole motor then i can rip it down...
AND i took out my tensioner and the spring was broken.. so i think that may be the problem anyway
Locally for sportbike stuff talk to turbosonoma here on the board or Supersport in Langley. He'll do the core thing with you.
 

·
The Wizard
Joined
·
2,743 Posts
go with an APE manual tensioner, most shops can bring it in, some race shops may have it in stock (Bayside, Mspeed, 5th gear)

Or you can source out a 2002 636 motor from europe:evilgrin

I personally like option 2 myself:devillook
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how does the manual tensioner work? you just manualy set it? how do you know how tight the chain is?

as for the motor.. 500 usd then shipping.. its probably cheaper to find one localy.. damn that would make a nice gocart though
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lyzic said:
hey stinkyfatpig, you got that clutch lever off of me on ebay, you still want it?
oh yeahi gforgot about that.. emailing you
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top