BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Awesome school. Best school I attended by far. Very organized and the coaches are great.

Would love to do Level 3 & 4 soon; but with the 2 day camp cost and exchange rate - I would do it on my own bike this time around.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Awesome school. Best school I attended by far. Very organized and the coaches are great.

Would love to do Level 3 & 4 soon; but with the 2 day camp cost and exchange rate - I would do it on my own bike this time around.
I did levels 1 & 2 before starting track days and learned a ton and probably saved myself a few crashes.

However, I have heard mixed reviews from others. Keith's take on trail braking especially is very controversial and I would say obsolete. However, he's a great teacher and communicator and his staff are all top notch. They run a real tight ship.

I would also look into Ken Hill and those that used to run the Yamaha School of Champions. I believe they go by Rickdiculous racing http://rickdiculousracing.com/ . I've heard great things about them, but I believe they are geared more toward the intermediate/advanced rider.

Either way, taking such courses is an absolute must if you're going to ride track. It will save you ton of money and heartache and potential injuries. All the skills you learn will easily transfer to street riding as well.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I would take the Yamaha Champion Riding School but they are in NJ. Maybe one day....

Heard that they are better than CSS ... but then again, at my level any organized school is better than no school.

·
Original Pirate Material
1,063 Posts
Or, try a different angle at improving your riding and try flat track. Highly recommend Danny Walker's American Supercamp, I learned more about body position, weight balance, and traction at the limit than any other schools I've taken. Super fun as well, we had Josh Hayes, Jake Gagner, and others coach us in the sessions. Can't recommend it enough. Did I say it was fun?

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts