BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
modern day cafe racer
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone out there own a cafe racer? you know, one of them 60's/70's naked triumph, norton, bsa, motoguzzi ?? or working on a project to build a cafe racer?

·
Ride Solo
4,218 Posts
Love 'em--I think the one up top was built from a new Bonnie.

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
I think you're right GSP. Dang that IS sweet.

Don't have one but I'm looking at thinning out the list of projects and high on the list that won't be canned is some sort of project bike with a twin or single cylinder engine. I'm thinking either street tracker or cafe racer. But if I do the Cafe racer it WILL have a formed and polished alloy breadbox tank.... even if I have to learn how to hand beat the frickin' metal myself! ! ! !

·
modern day cafe racer
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my eye is set on a Triumph commander or bonnie....but it seems hard to find some cheaper ones around town that just need some love.

·
Unregistered User
2,769 Posts
The top bike looks like a heavily-modded Thruxton: seat, seat cowl, fender eliminator, side and engine panels, exhaust, turn signals, pegs, fly screen and belly pan.

Here's mine in mostly stock trim except pipes which look stock anyway. She's gettin' Ohlins shocks, LSL steering dampener and Ikon (Icon?) fork springs over the winter. The parts are here already, heh. I might ditch the rear fender and stock mirrors for bar-ends too, don't know yet, I'm a big fan of OEM parts because they actually work.

Dennis PM if you get a retro, or true classic.

·
modern day cafe racer
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im searchin' im searchin....but aside from running into brit/italian motors and buying a new one, htere's not much out there.

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
i raced a cafe once. damn thing beat me too. kept throwing bricks and coffee cups at me at every straight stretch!!

·
Old Dirty Bastard
1,650 Posts
I used to own a 72 Triumph cafe racer. It was a black 650 Bonnevile with all the English goodies (rear-sets, clip-ons, Boyer Branston).

I still love the look.

I really like the fusion of cafe and streetfighter found on the "new" Norton:

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I used to own a 72 Triumph cafe racer. It was a black 650 Bonnevile with all the English goodies (rear-sets, clip-ons, Boyer Branston).

I still love the look.

I really like the fusion of cafe and streetfighter found on the "new" Norton:
alas, last i heard financier pulled out

·
Posing with conviction
5,397 Posts
Yeah I'm pretty hip to the Sport1000 Ducati. I have heard some iffy things about it. Sure looks nice.

I fell in love with the Moto Guzzi V11 when I saw one for the first time. Its very much got all the café racer styling plus its got that big assed "stare you in the face" V-twin engine.

·
Ride Solo
4,218 Posts
I like the big jugs on that...err...Guzzi.

·
Tarded
810 Posts
Here's a real Beauty I found on another forum.

This one takes the cake as far as I'm concerned.

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
Yep, the Kenny Dreer Norton is on hold for now. Who knows where it'll go or if we'll ever see it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts