BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cal computer warehouse ? it's out on grandviewhighway....went there looking for a second hand laptop....anyone have any experience with that store ? good/bad ?

·
CrazyAssFlip
787 Posts
Human said:
Cal computer warehouse ? it's out on grandviewhighway....went there looking for a second hand laptop....anyone have any experience with that store ? good/bad ?
i've been there, place is JUNK!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Cal computer warehouse ?

dano18 said:

i've been there, place is JUNK!
guessing that's a bad thing ?....instead of hip....

·
CrazyAssFlip
787 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Cal computer warehouse ?

Human said:

guessing that's a bad thing ?....instead of hip....
oh yeah! they mostly sell stuff from the "dinosaur time":laughing

A

·
0 Posts
cal computer warehouse

...............like Commodore 64`s:p :p :p ..................ken.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
where would you recommend I go ?

....apart from hell.....;)

B

·
0 Posts
If it's not a rush keep an eye on the van.forsale newsgroup. There are laptops popping up every week and if the price is too high the peanut gallery will shoot down the poster (it makes it interesting!). Also, check www.buysell.com (like the print Buy and Sell) but know what you're doing as some people don't understand that their 2 year laptops isn't quite worth $4,000 anymore. :eek:
Good luck and if you're patient you can find decent deals out there.

D

·
0 Posts
pick up a computer paper and look for laptop companies there. they always sell refurbs at half decent prices.

the used computer places in vancouver feel that because they are putting it on a retail shelf it has to go for 95% of new.

i wouldn't pay $1000 for a pentium laptop. hell, i'd barely pay that for an early PIII laptop. they are so outdated its not funny.

·
glowing ghostie!
3,112 Posts
SERF out at UBC has used computer equipment. Not sure about laptops, but they have older desktop systems.

Get there soon though; they are closing up shop for good (?) in mid-June. Their building, parking lot, and grassy knoll are already fenced in; soon they will be plowed over, dug up, and replaced by a new building. I've been watching the progress from my office across the street :)

BTW, SERF is the "Surplus Equipment Recycling Facility". Old equipment from UBC gets sent there to be sold for cheap. Not just computers but also furniture like desks, chairs, chalkboards, bookcases, and also old scientific equipment.

·
Sho'Nuff!
132 Posts
ah I remember SERF..picked up a couple of decent (but old) monitors for 20 bux each :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts