BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where's best place to have a cam swap done. A good mech should be able to do it in like 2 hrs so who should I call first, Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Dont tell people how long it "should" take to do a job you cant do yourself . Pisses me off everytime

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
HSC said:
Dont tell people how long it "should" take to do a job you cant do yourself . Pisses me off everytime
well, okay, unless you're reading it off one of those time estimate books the mechanics use. :coffee

F

·
0 Posts
HSC said:
ditto ,

im not a mechanic but if its supposed to take 2 hrs ,thatd be pretty fast to be able to pull the bodywork and tank ,pull valve cover ,swap the cams ,degree em so on and so on ,,2 hrs and not fuk anything up ?

its done when it gets done and theyll charge what it takes or do it yourself.

P

·
0 Posts
Should take about 2 hrs ...... easy to do on a ZRX since there is NO body work to remove. I'm no mechanic and I use crappy tools.

SS

S

·
0 Posts
I can swap cams in less than 2 hours, no problem.
specially on a ZRX.

HSC,
Perhaps you should read up some tech manuals instead of giving wise arse replies to a guy just looking for help.

You give Canadians a bad name. :ghost

your probably all talk anyway.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
2 hrs is about right, that's re doing the valve adjustments and tightening the can chain if it's possible.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
5thgear said:
2 hrs is about right, that's re doing the valve adjustments and tightening the can chain if it's possible.
thanks 5thgear, I'll give y'all a buzz once I gather a bit of fundage

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HSC said:
Dude, I could do it, and I know how long it would take (very), but I'm not a pro, I know lots of good mechs, but not in Van, so I've a pretty good idea how long it "should" take. I don't want to let somebody start pulling pieces off and then billing me for 6 or 8 hours when I know it needn't take that long. Unfortunately this does(has) happen. Anyway, didn't mean to piss anybody off, peace

P

·
0 Posts
5thgear said:
You sir are a credit to you profession. :rockon

SS

S

·
0 Posts
what's with the americans? go home. and any monkey can swap cams but if you're putting in some higher performance cams then it should take a fair bit longer than 2 hours. unless you trust the sprocket/carriers blindly of course then bang away and good luck.

·
Registered
135 Posts
seabass said:
I can swap cams in less than 2 hours, no problem.
specially on a ZRX.

HSC,
Perhaps you should read up some tech manuals instead of giving wise arse replies to a guy just looking for help.

You give Canadians a bad name. :ghost

your probably all talk anyway.

1)You make americans soudn more ignorant then they already are. You have no idea who i am , if you did , you would know i am not canadian .

2) Perhaps reading "tech manuals" is where your problem started .

3) STAY IN THE US !!! cause in canada you might get your feelings hurt

·
Registered
135 Posts
chev said:
Dude, I could do it, and I know how long it would take (very), but I'm not a pro, I know lots of good mechs, but not in Van, so I've a pretty good idea how long it "should" take. I don't want to let somebody start pulling pieces off and then billing me for 6 or 8 hours when I know it needn't take that long. Unfortunately this does(has) happen. Anyway, didn't mean to piss anybody off, peace
I know people who are really good tattoo artists , that doesnt mean i can tell you how long it "should" take to get a tattoo . ya see what i'm sayin , now make me an html thumbsite i'll pay you for 2 hours cause thats how long it should take to do it. i know people.

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
HSC said:
...now make me an html thumbsite i'll pay you for 2 hours cause thats how long it should take to do it...
strangely, that's exactly how some employers think and behave:surrender

C

·
0 Posts
HSC.....you're a jerk, plain and simple. Have fun with your 6 hour cam jobs. I'm sure they are just beating down your door with an attitude like that.

S

·
0 Posts
HSC said:
1)You make americans soudn more ignorant then they already are. You have no idea who i am , if you did , you would know i am not canadian .

2) Perhaps reading "tech manuals" is where your problem started .

3) STAY IN THE US !!! cause in canada you might get your feelings hurt

1) Your mother wears army boots.
2) Your mother is so tall she tripped on the Empire state building and bumped her head on the moon.
3) I Plan on it ...... well, except for my trip to Goose Bay this summer...
No Canadian has ever hurt my feelings. All the Canadians I have known are well mannered,repectable people. and they have the best smoke around... :rockon

·
Registered
135 Posts
WOW it felt like i just got attacked by a cat with no claws ! A jerk ? 6 hr cam jobs ? Mom in army boots ? Are you serious ? They should pass a law down there to keep the internet out of 3rd grade classrooms to keep you lil guys from posting . Seabass ,when youre parents bring you to canada on your summer vacation , i hope you get arrested buying "smoke" . Have fun finger painting kids :)

C

·
0 Posts
aww, now you went and hurt my feelings. NOT. I was just stating what a loser prick you are but I was being nice. Do you really want the gloves to come off?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts