BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a front fairing stay that is badly bent/cracked. Tried pulling it back myself but it's just not happening.

Since it's from a greybike FZR 400 it is literally impossible to find a replacement.

I was thinking of getting a bodyshop to try and fix it. Wondering if anyone can recommend a shop in the lower mainland that's good for this sort of thing.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I've got a front fairing stay that is badly bent/cracked. Tried pulling it back myself but it's just not happening.

Since it's from a greybike FZR 400 it is literally impossible to find a replacement.

I was thinking of getting a bodyshop to try and fix it. Wondering if anyone can recommend a shop in the lower mainland that's good for this sort of thing.

Thanks

Borderline Custom Cycle

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Believe me I've tried that. I have a Jap import bike, the fairing stay is completely different than that one. That's off a 1WG, the one that was sold in North America. I have learned much about FZR's, unfortunately AFTER buying it. The one I have (a 3EN2) was only made for 1 year, and not sold in North America.

I figured I'm a good enough rider not to drop it or lay it down, so I wouldn't run into the problem of looking for parts like this. Couldn't have predicted that F'ing deer running out in front of me either.

I will NEVER buy another greybike but this one's got to get me through school until I can afford something better.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
tell you the truth, if you have a total love for the bike, then go to a local ship for assistant and MAYBE they can help but sad to say, maybe it's time to retire the bike.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies.

I may have found one for a decent price.

If not I'm going to try Borderline for sure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tell you the truth, if you have a total love for the bike, then go to a local ship for assistant and MAYBE they can help but sad to say, maybe it's time to retire the bike.
I'm a student right now and can't really afford to get another bike. I do like this bike I've got to admit, it's been great to learn on, but mainly I need a working bike as commuting to UBC by motorcycle is the best way to do it. I can park right next to my building for ~200/year as opposed to ~800/year for a cage.

Not to mention getting there is either a: 25 minute motorcycle ride, 45 minute bicycle ride + ~15 minute shower, or a 35 minute cage drive (traffic lineups apply to cages i.e. no filtering at busy intersections) + 2 km walk from the parking lots, or the worst option is the hour long bus ride. That's just too damn painful.

So I will retire it in ~2 more years or if my dreams all come true, drop the 600 motor in it and make it a track bike, while I get a brand new F4i...ahhh dreams.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts