etc...

That would be sweet!

I love the aftermarket sound, but would be nice to know which I
prefer before I buy..

If anyone has any links, please post

·
Not Hanging Out Here
1,074 Posts
I found that an intensive Google search got me a few clips.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
They sound like this " brip brap brooop broopp Brabbbbbbbbbb " at least that's who most my servicing conversations on the phone go.

·
Lightly seasoned...
176 Posts
5thgear said:
They sound like this " brip brap brooop broopp Brabbbbbbbbbb " at least that's who most my servicing conversations on the phone go.
I thought it was <500 cc "barring ding ding ding ding ding BA babaaaa..."
500>750 "baripipipipip barroom barrooom barieee.."
750>1000 "Verowoowowoo verroooom verrooom. varooaaarr"
1000+ or harley "baloopbaloopbaloopbaloop baaa..aahh... baaahhaa. bawwaaooo"

hehe... I'm hunting for a brighter pitched & quieter pipe (looking for that 'race engine' scream type sound :D) I've got Harpoon can on right now which is in my opinion rather throaty.

F

·
0 Posts
doooga dooga dooga bwap bwap dooga dooga dooga dooga bwap bwAP,,lol

all aftermarket pipes pretty much sound like police sirens if your not carefull.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
listening to pipe sounds on a computer is like looking at a picture of it, and knowing what goose liver pate' tastes like.:laughing
Get thee to a shop.....or in the alternative, get the manufacturer to tell you how well their individual products flow, in cubic feet per minute.
More flow, more go.
(roughly)

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,213 Posts
There are a ton more under the raw sounds links as well :thumbup

CLIK ME

M

·
0 Posts
michael said:
listening to pipe sounds on a computer is like looking at a picture of it, and knowing what goose liver pate' tastes like.:laughing
Get thee to a shop.....or in the alternative, get the manufacturer to tell you how well their individual products flow, in cubic feet per minute.
More flow, more go.
(roughly)
not true. no backpressure = no go.
you can lose lots of power by having too little back pressure.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
not true. no backpressure = no go.
you can lose lots of power by having too little back pressure.
You are correct. I was generalizing, considering that some factory exhausts are made to produce horsepower *and* pass mandated noise restrictions, whereas a properly tuned exhaust (by that I mean with the appropriate flow characteristics for that engine configuration) can produce more horsepower, if there is no regard to sound.
Not wanting to start a "loud pipes saves lives," thread, but I am confident that straight pipes don't necessarily produce a streetable power curve....or noise levels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts