BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, you can. I've done a number of IB rides before ( and was a few years younger too. I turned 65 in February ). This was a bit of a test to see if I could still manage it and if my CBR and my ass were compatible and up to the task. I hit Hwy 1 at 4:30am and slabbed it to Hope. I got to 100 Mile House by 9:05 am so the traffic was pretty light up to that point. And it got even better the further north I rode. From 100 Mile to Prince George was just a delight; sunny skies, minimal traffic, and beautiful scenery. Then south and a bit east to McBride, Little Fort, Kamloops, and then slab back to Vancouver, arriving about 10pm. Once I got just past Hope the traffic just sucked all the way home.

I have bar risers which bring the bars up 3" but a stock seat. My wrists (mostly) and ass felt fine when I got home. This was by far the most fun IB ride that I have done. This ride was so much fun that I will probably do it again in 2021. Just because.

Reactions: maxwrist604

·
backslider
11,243 Posts
WOW - That's both crazy and awesome at one and the same time! Makes me think that my recent purchase of a pretty sweet '06 liter Fireblade wasn't an entirely ill-thought decision (won't be endeavoring any IB rides, but some four to seven hundred km canyon carving days are in the cross-hairs)

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,218 Posts
Congrats man! On a wooden CBR seat no less. Truly an iron ass.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
nice work. I'm really curious about doing an IBR, and if the border stays closed in 2021 it will likely happen. I really should have tried last spring when we were peak covid, and the roads were empty.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
David, I did exactly this ride in August 2013. it is perfect for an IB, isn't it. not at all technical, but highly varied terrain, and interesting throughout. you took 18 hrs; I took 20. my one regret was to not keep riding for another couple hours to hit 2000 kms in a day...

Anyone thinking about an IBA certified ride? post #31.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Truly an impressive feat. Not something I could do on any motorcycle yet a sportbike unless it was an enforcement free day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts