BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.wmrc.bc.ca/

I will be volunteering at this event, tickets are $10 and gates open for spectators at 8am-4:30pm

This is the first race in this year's 3-race championship...there is contingency money from Bridgestone and from Yamaha

Basically anyone with a Yamaha 2001/2002 R6/R1 is eligible

Come out and support racing in your local area ! ~~ This is the only way we are going to get the nationals back in BC, and I want to race in the amatuer class of the BC national race ! ~ so get your & your families & your girlfriend/fiancee/wife's butt out there, it's a lot of fun....

What better way to celebreate Canada Day ?

Spread the word folks.....:D:D

Thanks.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I will be there on my CR,I got new gearing and breaks. But I got tranny problems with my R6 so I am Bummed about that,the parts are back order Japan. Its great to have people like u helping the local racing, come by my van after for a free beer.

G

·
0 Posts
hey jumbi contact hds99 he's got a r-6 motor that needs second gear he may part out the rest give him a pm,.:D

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jumby said:
I will be there on my CR,I got new gearing and breaks. But I got tranny problems with my R6 so I am Bummed about that,the parts are back order Japan. Its great to have people like u helping the local racing, come by my van after for a free beer.

cool, thanks for the offer, will try and comeby, will be the corner worker on corner #7 again ~ hopefully....lol

K

·
0 Posts
You can get more information for the motorcycle races at Mission here:

MotoEvents

The MotoEvents site will have more information for the fans, the WMRC site is more for the racers (rules and tech info).

There will be large full color posters for the race events coming out in this months Power Sport News, which you should be able to pick up for free at a dealership.
The posters look like this: click here to view poster

The race days are July 1, 27 and 28.

Carter Motorsports will have a special section for their customers. There will be VIP motorcycle parking provided for Carter Motorsports customers, Burnaby Kawi Customers and Lower Mainland Yamaha Customers.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jay P said:
Sorry, could you post the date, I couldn't find it on the schedule.

Thanks.
ummm, there is only one Canada Day......

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kman said:

There will be large full color posters for the race events coming out in this months Power Sport News, which you should be able to pick up for free at a dealership.
The posters look like this: click here to view poster

The poster is not the final version, right ? becasue it think it's missing some banners from some of the sponsors, in particular BK...

K

·
0 Posts
Burnaby Kawi is on the final poster. Check out PSN for the actual poster. They were cutting the poster deadline pretty tight, so on the linked version they aren't listed but they are on the actual posters.;)

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya I know I took some at the last WMRC meet and gave them out to the langley bike shops on HWY10. What's your name ? do I know you ?

I plan on printing out a few dozen from home in b/w and posting them up at SFU, UBC, a few rec. centers and a few libraries...but that will be closer to race day...

K

·
0 Posts
My name is Kent. I haven't been out to a WMRC meeting for awhile. I think we met briefly last year, probably don't remember me. I'm guessing I'm one of the tallest WMRC members being 6'5!:laughing Your the guy with WSBK Kawasaki pit shirt right?

I have a few color posters still. I've been giving them out around town. Feel free to yank some from PSN when they come out.

Glad you got them out in Langley, we have them at the shops around Vancouver, Burnaby and Maple Ridge. Someone was going to go to Langley yesterday but I don't know if they made it out.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kman said:
My name is Kent. I haven't been out to a WMRC meeting for awhile. I think we met briefly last year, probably don't remember me. I'm guessing I'm one of the tallest WMRC members being 6'5!:laughing Your the guy with WSBK Kawasaki pit shirt right?

Yup, that's me :cool

F

·
0 Posts
Hey Human,
I'll be at Mission on Canada Day and I'm bring a bunch of my friends. I'm might volunteer as well, hopefully some of my buddies will put in some time since they're all planning to race next year. See you there.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
flying busa said:
Hey Human,
I'll be at Mission on Canada Day and I'm bring a bunch of my friends. I'm might volunteer as well, hopefully some of my buddies will put in some time since they're all planning to race next year. See you there.

ya, unfortunately I will be working the night of the 30th so I will be late getting there, most likely not until 8:00am.....:( hopefully I can still secure corner #7

F

·
0 Posts
Hey Human,
I heard turn #5 has lots of action and turn 8 and 9 are okay as well. See you there. Look for me on one of the turns. Cheers

A

·
0 Posts
racing?

My roommate,Katana1150 just joined this `board.He`s the one with all the corner worker experience and you`ve likely seen his blue Ford pickup at the mission races in the past organizing the `workers.
I`ll be there too with my obnoxious yellow TLR(weather permitting):rolleyes .

D

·
0 Posts
Hey Ken,
I'm planning on volunteering for this race as well. It'll be my first time volunteering. Will you be at the volunteer party Sunday? I could use some onfo. I've PM'd my # to you if you have the time to call I'd appreciate it.

A

·
0 Posts
racing?

Dave,what do you know about this party on sunday?.Would it be the track setup party on sunday?,if it is then we are allowed to set it up after 5pm(after the drag racers are done).I just asked Gary(Katana1150) and this is the only "party" that he knows of concerning Mission on sunday.

ken

1 - 20 of 20 Posts