BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
:) you'll live longer
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to take my car for a windshield replacement? I know it'll cost the same everywhere, just want to get it done somewhere that'll do it well.

and i'm in Vancouver

thanks

·
:) you'll live longer
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That'd be my first try, but the dealerships send it out to other auto glass places.

anyone with experiences with Broco, Speedy, etc?

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
The dealer I worked at did not.

Pick the one closest to you. My last windshield was non-delaer and they put PPG glass in (not Ford Europe OEM) that was not the right tint.

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
I had some material shift in the back of my truck a couple months ago and it took out one of the back windows in my truck. Speedy replaced it and they did a good job in a timely manner. I also learned that the back windows with power sliders aren't cheap, at least the deductable was bareable. :)

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
True, most auto dealers sub out the work.

Speedy has been around forever (formerly Trans Canada Glass) and has great customer service. They actually supply a lot of shields to other installers.

If your current shield is not tinted or shaded, ask how much to upgrade.

FYI...Tinted is a light tint equally distributed thru the shield.

Shaded is the dark band near the top, with tinting the rest of the way down.

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
Make sure the tint is the right colour.

Far too anal people also lookout for non-OEM glass when it comes time to sell.

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
Don't go to Apollo on near Granville Island.

They did a garbage job on my truck. First the thing leaked BADLY like a stream of water was coming in. I took it back and the guy tells me he told me that since there was rust it wouldn't seal.

I call bullshit.

Then, to "fix it" he fishtanks the inside of the cab, filing in the gap between glass and the metal, he did this without the trim.

Then, driving in the US, I got hit by a small stone, the type that would normally not do a thing to the glass, it hit at the bottom and cracked the shield from the lower center to the far side.

Total waste of money! Broco on the other hand has done good work on my old civic. Windshield and tint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts