BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
gix4life
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wondering if anybody had some advice on how to fix up carbon fibre that has been discolored from heat? I used the search function but nothing came up covering this topic. Can it be buffed out using wax? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
220 Posts
there were some guys on another forum. talking about touching up carbonfiber with a sharpe. something about them being true black. havent tried it myself. as for renewing the color, i got nothing.

·
Registered
155 Posts
you cant buff out discoloration from carbon fiber, the part you have is made with poor quality polyester resin, wich is a yellowish color, but not noticed till heat or sun has been exposed,or the part is made of epoxy resin and thats a good quality resin but not for high heat application, you need vynalester resin, some poor quality carbon mat is also produced and when exposed to heat it will turn the mat yellow and not the resin, i clear all my parts a thin layer of clear is all that is needed as resins dont have uv protection,(resin is heavier then clear) in my experience this has solved the yellowing you always see in cf parts, a good question to ask the person who makes cf parts before buying is if they use a certified cf mat, all good carbon has a certifacation number by roll from manufacture, hope that helps, and if you need some repair pm me with pics and i will see if i can hook you up

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Hey guys just wondering if anybody had some advice on how to fix up carbon fibre that has been discolored from heat? I used the search function but nothing came up covering this topic. Can it be buffed out using wax? Any help is appreciated.
Where did you get this CF part from? I am currently looking to buy some CF parts and certainly dont want to purchase from teh same supllier.

Thanks man

·
Registered
487 Posts
my akro full system i bought early this yr is already turnin a bit yellow...disappointing...but oh well

maybe 3k kms on the system

1 - 8 of 8 Posts