BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A co-worker came in yesterday and showed us how he managed to obtain an 8 hundred dollar ticket after being caught by a cop while he was riding his pocket bike.

This kid isnt exactly a model citizen though, and im sure the fact that he was inebriated gave the cop some fuel to dish out an extra large ticket. Apparently the officer was fairly impressed with his get-up including a toque with tassles and oversized goggles which persuaded him to leave out the "Driving under the influence" conviction. Fairly forgiving of the cop, considering my co-worker thought it funny at the time to run from the cop; get pulled over; pick up his bike and turn it around, and run away again; get pulled over again; turn around again; and get pulled over again, before finally giving up.

Just thought I'd give you guys with pocketbikes a heads up. The ticket was closer to $860 if i remember correctly, and had potential to be higher due to the alcohol involvement. The ticket included ~$600 for uninsured vehicle, ~$130 for no helmet, and anotherr ~$130 for riding on sidewalks, no lights etc.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
damn those pocket bike hooligans!!! they ruin it for the rest of us.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
:laughing
What a retard!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
definately the assmonkey of the office :laughing

D

·
0 Posts
i used to get calls from the rcmp about things like this all the time. one of the reasons i gave up trying to organize races. everyone wanted to ride on the street instead.

sounds like he got off really light. i've heard of the queen's cowboys siezing the bikes, in addition to the fines.

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
is a major masssage/stretching session required after racing one of those? I cant picture those things being comfortable for more then 2 minutes. I should really try one out one of these days.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
they've been around for quite a while now...yet I still don't get WTF the apeal of pocket bikes is?
Can someone explain it eloquently please?

B

·
0 Posts
??? tyr it and u might understand.

Jester666 said:
they've been around for quite a while now...yet I still don't get WTF the apeal of pocket bikes is?
Jump on one and give it a burn. Yes they are loud and hard on the ass, but are a riot to screw arround with or even race.

·
Jackie Chan's stuntdouble
1,535 Posts
Tell your co-worker to dispute the charges on the basis that a pocket bike is not a vehicle as it is a toy, not transportation.

Your co-worker has to pay me 50% of the ticket amount if that defence works.

·
I'm a she-male.
1,410 Posts
I wish I could take the road test on a pocketbike. (=

I asked if i could do it on a YSR80 but they said it's too small. )=

d:
:lurking

Jester666 said:

·
Dr Tung
558 Posts
In Edmonton, they have a track to race every weekend. The one I am riding is has NOZ injection... this baby is pushing 12hp....ha

·
Wannabe
199 Posts
Jester666 said:
The same apeal as a go cart

Just like real racing but it doesnt hurt as much when you go down

I can fit three of them in the back of my honda

·
More than meets the eye
1,327 Posts
Motorcycle Man said:
Tell your co-worker to dispute the charges on the basis that a pocket bike is not a vehicle as it is a toy, not transportation.

Your co-worker has to pay me 50% of the ticket amount if that defence works.
Established by ICBC, and the government a long time ago that this defence irrelavant and actually hints to guilt. Since it IS a toy then it does not meet the safety criteria for being on a roadway, cannot be insured and therefore the no insurance ticket IS valid.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Deej said:
The same apeal as a go cart

Just like real racing but it doesnt hurt as much when you go down

I can fit three of them in the back of my honda

ok, but they look soo stupid :laughing

Every time I see someone on one I'm thinking Krusty the Clown on his tiny bicycle.

perhaps i should try one out one day.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I took one for a rip once, it was kinda fun. I bet you could have a blast at the F440 track with a few pocket bikes and a few drinks. :drinkbeer :drinkbeer

·
I'm a she-male.
1,410 Posts
But isn't that the point - whenever you see one, don't you laugh cos you think the guy's an idiot or you think it looks just too funny? d:

:lurking
Jester666 said:
ok, but they look soo stupid :laughing

1 - 20 of 20 Posts