BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
so, if we'd didn't have to self-quarantine for 14 days afterwards, we could soon be doing gates and back...

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
Just keep the lid on full time and you'll be fine! :D
doesnt matter, once you get back to the border, you're considered 'infected' and will need to isolate.

early season is pretty much cancelled anyway..

It’s just a “recommendation” right ?
nope.. all residents entering canada will be asked to self isolate.. It is non optional.
My mom just returned from a family emegency.. she cant leave the house for 2 weeks.

PM Trudeau just confirmed, you must isolate.

i'm sure there will be a few morons who 'think' they can just ignore it..

considering we all depend on each other at this point, that attitude would be very selfish..

Canada's border has pretty much shut down to foreigners, only Canadian citizens
and US residents (for now) are even allowed in.. This shit is serious, if we dont contain
wide spread, we are fvcked.

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,251 Posts
doesnt matter, once you get back to the border, you're considered 'infected' and will need to isolate.

early season is pretty much cancelled anyway..

nope.. all residents entering canada will be asked to self isolate.. It is non optional.
My mom just returned from a family emegency.. she cant leave the house for 2 weeks.

PM Trudeau just confirmed, you must isolate.

i'm sure there will be a few morons who 'think' they can just ignore it..

considering we all depend on each other at this point, that attitude would be very selfish..

Canada's border has pretty much shut down to foreigners, only Canadian citizens
and US residents (for now) are even allowed in.. This shit is serious, if we dont contain
wide spread, we are fvcked.
There are lots of idiots out there ignoring the isolation period. It's basically impossible to enforce.

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
There are lots of idiots out there ignoring the isolation period. It's basically impossible to enforce.
yeh, i think this is why BC Doctors are urging an outright ban on US residents entering.

i'm seeing interviews from folks who went on Holidays in January, February who
are now freaking out because they're stranded abroad. One such family chose to
go to Peru, because the situation looked dire in Italy.. Uhm, seriously? you know there
is a deadly virus on the loose, and Italy was your 1st choice? WTF is wrong with folks.

yes, Peru is now over-run with the virus.. they cant get flights out.. What a surprise.

·
Registered
18,856 Posts
This is the first time since I've been around that the cascades thread wasn't posted by Heisenberg.

Oh well, lots has changed over the years.

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
i'm sure somebody should have started a thread specific to this discussion but for now i'll
stick to adding information which has just been released.

Although BC doctors feel we can 'contain' and avoid an actual outbreak, BC now has moved
toward 'outbreak mitigation'. This is a tool which allows the powers that be the ability to move
swiftly with diminished restrictions should it be required. What this means is those entering
Canada via USA or otherwise are being IMPLORED to self isolate for 14 days and keep an
eye on symptoms should they arise. This means not everybody needs to be tested and still
depends on actual symptoms. BUT, because BC has declared a healthcare emergency, all
bets are kind of, off.. Should you be found to not be adhering to a 14 day 'voluntary self isolation'
then they DO have the right to make it an ORDER at which point i'm sure you will be closely
monitored in order to ensure you comply.

Point in fact, my cousin has been asked to self isolate as he came in contact with an infected resident of Kelowna. His work was notified and he is now on 'self isolation' working from home. So yeah while he could say 'fvck it' i'm going out anyway, there's a way to track weather or not he's complying. He posted in on FB and is posting pics showing cabin fever, on day 8 and counting. Ignoring medical advice at this point, is not gonna go over well. ;)

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,251 Posts
You figure that'll be a drawn out affair?
Cross-border traffic/tourism is important for both countries. They'll open it the second they feel it's "safe enough" to do so. IMO they should have closed the border weeks ago, but later is better than never.

I'd bank on at least a few more months of this shit show. The more people ignore quarantine and self-distancing, the more businesses that put profit over people, the longer this will take.

Some scientists suggest a possible second, and even third "wave" of this virus later in the year, so it could be a very prolonged affair.

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
China is already seeing cases rise as people come back from holidays..
South Korea is 'now' dealing with an outbreak, and they had it 'covered'.

the models i've seen take this shitshow all the way to 'roughly' August. Which means
i dont want to ride stateside anyway. But i agree, they should have closed them earlier.

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
ahh cool, thanks! yep so thats where the numbers are coming from. i'm familiar.

Whats ridiculous is folks are trying to 'bend' the numbers to fuel their own point of
view. Meaning if there's little infectious outbreak in their immediate area, they'll
continue to brag about being immune; which can potentially throw it all off again,
leading to community spread.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts