BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that CBR6s have a problem with cam chain tensioners? My bike sounds like something along those lines is wrong with it, it sounds sorta like a bag of nails on and off.

Am I imagining things or is their a serious chance of their being problems with it? The previous owner was definately not a big fan of maintenance or servicing.

Finally, how much am I looking at paying to get it fixed, and suggestions on where to get it done?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i had a cbr600f3 with cam chain problems and it sounded just as you described...i dont remember how much it was but it was enough that i sold the bike rather than had it fixed:(

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
I had the same thing on my old F2, but just left it. The thing with the older bikes is that the work is not covered under warranty, so it is kind of expensive when you compare it to the price of the bike. I do not think it hurts the bike much, if at all, it just sounds like crap. :)

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
There is a manual version that apparently works much better but it just means that once every 5000 km's or so you have to do something with it. Not a big deal really. I have no idea where to get them but you might try asking in the Honda section over at SBN. It's quite a regular topic there.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
SBN = The Sportbike Network

www.sportbikes.net

Navigate your way to the Honda section in the message forums.

I used to own a '91 F2 with 30,000kms on it. The one problem I encountered was a bad charger system, which was supposedly suspect on those models after 35,000kms or so.

Sorry, no input on the cam chain tensioner problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts