BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people
awhile ago i remember someone was planning to get chatter box and/or some other brand name group buy.
so how's the quality of it?
please let me know if u know what i am talking about.
v. inerested to get one.

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
yo man, where have you been?

i was the dude with the girl on the back on 4th ave back in late april, we talked at the light. add me on icq man .... 4858260

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
several bikeland members have tested different bike to bike communicators and found that the most BASIC Chatterbox FRS model works the best... and ONLY when using push to talk... it is the model we purchased.... I was also told point blank by the re from Chatterbox that the most basic model was the most reliable and that their other models porved to be problematic.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
fish_antlers said:
several bikeland members have tested different bike to bike communicators and found that the most BASIC Chatterbox FRS model works the best... and ONLY when using push to talk... it is the model we purchased.... I was also told point blank by the re from Chatterbox that the most basic model was the most reliable and that their other models porved to be problematic.
I tested several as well and found that the VOX on the Collette communicators works extremly well, and have been using them for over a year, the vox on the chatterbox units tend to be intermittent, hence the reason for the push to talk. Personally, I would rather just ride and talk and not have to worry about pushing a button, although I am sure that it works good, just one less thing to think about when i am concetrating on the road.:thumbup

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
communicator?

So exactly how much $$$$ is the Collett setup?...........ken.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Digi168 said:

, just one less thing to think about when i am concetrating on the road.:thumbup
If yer worried about one less thing to concentrate on when riding, then why on earth are you even considering a bike to bike communicator? :D

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
communicators?

OK,Collett is selling their model 900 for $159.95US,so would $250.00CDN be in the ball park?.Ben at NS told me he would sell me a Chatterbox(top of the line solo model) a year ago for $220.00 ea. if I bought two............ken.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
fish_antlers said:

If yer worried about one less thing to concentrate on when riding, then why on earth are you even considering a bike to bike communicator? :D
Its kind of like Windows, it/I can multitask but only so much before we crash :laughing

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The US price is actually much more than the Canadian One!! That's because the colette's are made and sent from Winnipeg! The better Model 900 only cost me $220 and it is this year's model, and you only need to buy one. No negotiation needed to get that price. Call their 1-800 number and they will tell you the details.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Yep I think someone actually set up a BCSB channel with them.

·
Slow
271 Posts
A common practice with our group is that the conversation changes (and becomes more infrequent) when the pace heats up.

If we're riding hard, the only "chatter" is about gravel patches, crazy cars in our lane, etc. - no babble.

You need to be able to ride autonomically (is that the right word for "like a robot") before you start having non-critical conversations with these things.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
collette?

OK,so where is the best place to buy the collette setup,is there anywhere where BCSB members can get a deal?.And how many BCSB members actually use their communicators on a regular basis?............ken.

·
Slow
271 Posts
I'd recommend buying direct from Collette. See adamantium's link above for contact information.

Ask for channel 2 to be set to the BCSB.com channel. Channel 1 will always be set to the common channel 1 for Collette 900s.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
old thread...I know...

Quick question...can the Collette 900 be used to communicate with a model 49 Collette? What's the big difference between these two? Is the 900 worth the extra money?

·
glowing ghostie!
3,112 Posts
Re: old thread...I know...

Harps said:
Quick question...can the Collette 900 be used to communicate with a model 49 Collette? What's the big difference between these two? Is the 900 worth the extra money?
No, I'm pretty sure the Collette model 49 and 900 can't communicate with each other. (Though I can't find anything on the Collett website that says that.)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
They won't work together..Harps I have a pair of the 900 mhz one is you want to check or try them out...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts