BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Theres a place on Davie and *(mistake) * THURLOW, right beside the Denny's that is selling 3 styles of jackets. Dainese, Alpinestar are 2 of them. I work in the area and saw them hanging on the wall. I bought one in case they are real and had another rider look at them to confirm in authenticity. They look real and are selling for 200$, I asked the guy where he got them and why so cheap, and he explained he goes to china and buys them right from there so....

go check it out if you're in the neightborhood..they're hanging above the counter right when you walk in. let me know if you see em and think they're real.
if they are its a rad deal. jacket fits nice and looks sick. good protection too...just want to know if i should take it back or not.

·
Doesn't register
968 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, real Dainese and AlpineStars are still manufactured in Italy (well, at least the Dainese leathers I have are...). So I say knock-offs.

But if you're happy with the look, style, and quality of the jacket, why does it matter if they are real or not?

·
BADUNKADUNK
1,408 Posts
China! You just got taken for a ride, and you never even had to get on a bike.

·
Dr Tung
558 Posts
knock offs....you will find the stitching starts to break and leather will lose its color and the dye will run if wet....just my humble opinion..

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
The stitching is what I would be most concerned about. If they're knock-offs (which they likely are) the stitching won't be done to suitable tear resistance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i bought one havnt worn it, and not going to . i'll probably take it back but wanted to see in case. if it does turn out to be real, (fat chance) then i got a hell of a deal.

oh well. i'll use my old jacket until i find out. not today tho , this rain shit is terrible

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
An authentic brand new A* or Dainese jacket at wholesale costs more than that. They're fakes.

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
Were the jackets hanging next to the $50 Louis Vuitton bags and $10 Fendi purse?

There's good deals and then there are obvious knockoffs. Just be glad you didn't buy one of the chinese Arai's...

·
Obi-Wan Newbie
683 Posts
do they sell knock off novelty helmets as well???? and are they $4.99 less 50%??

·
SuperStyling
3,098 Posts
I'm sure those are fake jackets! Just like flee market selling "Nike" and "Addidas" t-shirts for $10 and they look just as hell real! And look at those ebay scammers that are selling fake brand name SD cards where you can't even tell!!!

Why don't you wear that jacket to a dealership and compare? If you notice a slight difference, then....

On a last note, I'm sure China doesn't produce Daniese jackets. The Dainese factory is it Italy, I read it somewhere!

I'll go there on Friday to check it out. I mean if they were so cheap, I might as well get a dozen and sold it here....

·
Smooth Operator
642 Posts
coolio, not cool..... unless you advertised it as "knockoffs" but that would be shitty selling cheap ofs to ood peopl.e...........................................

·
Bring on the sun
2,078 Posts
coolio, not cool..... unless you advertised it as "knockoffs" but that would be shitty selling cheap ofs to ood peopl.e...........................................

He's saying if they are real and that cheap then he might aswell pick up a bunch and re-sell them here. Not if they are fake. Learn how to read english. Even Coolio makes sense sometimes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So i went back...I went back to the store after NOT wearing the jacket riding once and told the guy that i just didnt want it after all. I thought i would go just be 100% sure (obviously in case i ever go down). I have another J rocket jacket to wear until i find a new one. BUT! Buddy at the store would not take it back. Not a refund not an exchange even though the store reciept says either ref or exch for one week.

As real or good as this looks, i'm positive it's not real. And he is selling tonnes of these out there. The rack he had yesterday was 3 short today.....

if you DO go there, make sure you're goddamn sure it's real cuz you are not returning it.

I want to get in touch with alpine * and the other brands and telling them that This store is selling knock off's right downtown in a buisness.

F**k i feel ripped off!

never trust anyone. i even made this dude swear on his wife (standing beside him) that it was real. lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks! you're a huge help!

before i bought it i figured the dude was tellin the truth if he swore on his own wifes life

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
but if it is real....

ive got a nice dainese jacket, never ridden, brand new. i swear it aint fake. 400$$...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts