BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SM Corporation!
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.servicehonda.com/06_500AFX.html

Yeah, my bike is lacking the latest and greatest in suspenion and chassis, but it more than makes up for it with motor and reliability.

But this bad boy is the way to go. Out of the box with a warrenty, sporting a 05 CR 450 chassis, mega lighting of 100 WATTS, and the VENERABLE, CR 500 Slugger with the minimum in moving parts.

If you want to rule the streets, drop the $Coin$ to SERVICE HONDA, and go for a set of CR 450 SM wheels and brakes....DONE

"SAY ELLO TO MA LIL FRIENG" :2Guns

·
Registered
819 Posts
Google the ATK open class two stroke and you'll find something even better. They have a 620 and a 700cc two stroke single. Imagine the arm tug those would give when they hit the pipe.

·
SM Corporation!
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Roger that, 10-4

2006 SM ATK: 449cc- 52 hp. 242 pounds Dry. Its a pig. and its four stroke.

·
Gearing Up
445 Posts
if lighting's a concern, check out the street section of supermotojunkie. there's a guy on there who put HID lighting (&the ballest) into a modified acerbis cyclops light. its pretty sweet and amazingly bright.

·
SM Corporation!
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Kwota said:
if lighting's a concern, check out the street section of supermotojunkie. there's a guy on there who put HID lighting (&the ballest) into a modified acerbis cyclops light. its pretty sweet and amazingly bright.

As for lighting: I found somthing way cool. Our headlight buckets run what is call a MR-16 Halogen bulb, that are 12 V and between 25- and 55 Watts. They now make Hi-Powered LED MR-16 bulbs (spot and fllood) that only use 3-5 watts of power and throw off light equivilant to a 35W Halogen.

When I have the supplier that has them in BC I will post where to get them. They come in all different colours like white, blue, orange (for KTM freaks) green, yellow, etc.

Kwota, Are you coming riding this year with us? didn't you bust your leg or somthing last year?
Your bike looks like its ready for business. Got a Class 6?

Mark.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Po-Boyz said:
Roger that, 10-4

2006 SM ATK: 449cc- 52 hp. 242 pounds Dry. Its a pig. and its four stroke.
That's the just the old cannondale with some bold new graphics. The two strokes you'd need to convert over like the service honda. Or you could always buy the motor from them and find a way to shoehorn it into the CR frame.

·
SM Corporation!
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Rooster said:
That's the just the old cannondale with some bold new graphics. The two strokes you'd need to convert over like the service honda. Or you could always buy the motor from them and find a way to shoehorn it into the CR frame.
Service honda is all converted. All you need to do is PAY. ROOOSTER.... BUY ONE of those bikes, take the dirt wheels off it and stick em on your CRF, and Put the SM wheels on the CR 500, before the CRF blows up this summer like TROYs. HE PAID MAD money to get the Rod back into the CASe.

My bike will be back on the road soon, and if you want to try it, by all means go ahead.

You will have no problem getting it on the street, and it comes with a quite pipe. My bike is only loud when you are close to it, the sound does not travel as much as the 4 banger.
Speaking of Quiet. They are no longer going to let 4 strokes run un muffled at boundary and also Mission, once you put that restriction on, power is gonna drop 4 sure. Two strokes are quiter, and more powerful...The case just keeps getting stronger for the CR 500 AFX.
Its the last bike you will ever need in your life. I gonna get one as soon as I have the quid. Stick my ass kicking wide ratio bottom end in it.....rubber mount that bars, and lead and silicone inside them and there will be no vibes. ITs not that bad. When people ride a 500 for the first time, they hold on too tight because they are fearful of the engine. Yeah, Cr 500s are hell in the dirt, because one handful of gas and you are up a tree, but on the road, its totally wicked, you hold it pinned.
EH Mike and I have been watching these CR 500AF on Ebay now for a year. THEY HOLD THEIR MONEY. Why is that? "say ello to ma lil freng"

ATK ENGINE:
ITS NOT A HONDA> PARTS AND RELIBILITY WOULD BE THE ISSUE> A PISTON IS $85 Bucks every day for CRs, and RODS are $75. CHEAP>> U can't come close to Honda for reliability.
Sure lets put a ROTAX 800 Sled engine in a frame. OR

LETS BUILD A MODEL AIRPLANE SAYS THE CRAZY GLUE SNIFFER.
"Tommy Boy"

I am not saying your a crazy glue sniffer. I just love that line!

·
Motard Central
881 Posts
how fast is your motard...

:lurking big bore, big valves, stage two hotcam, jd jet kit, powernow, quickshot, hell, you couldn't catch it before geared wr tranny etc etc, how the hell you gonna now !? :eek

I'll still run 14/42 but I have a 38 on standby after I see how bad I get spanks from someone's :2guns TM we know... shoudn't be to bad :flip

The Kid's bike with a 14/38 was by far the bike to beat. :confused and you wounldn't think so. Should be a good time this upcoming motard season... :rockon

·
SM Corporation!
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FastbyFerreira said:
:lurking big bore, big valves, stage two hotcam, jd jet kit, powernow, quickshot, hell, you couldn't catch it before geared wr tranny etc etc, how the hell you gonna now !? :eek

I'll still run 14/42 but I have a 38 on standby after I see how bad I get spanks from someone's :2guns TM we know... shoudn't be to bad :flip

The Kid's bike with a 14/38 was by far the bike to beat. :confused and you wounldn't think so. Should be a good time this upcoming motard season... :rockon
$25 000 in KTMs, you win the dollar wars. Me 14-45, going to 15-45, top speed is not going to help climb WV.

·
Motard Central
881 Posts
Dude, I'm itching like a bad case of scabies.

Po-Boyz said:
$25 000 in KTMs, you win the dollar wars. Me 14-45, going to 15-45, top speed is not going to help climb WV.
I dont know about you but as soon as I get these parts back from the "goose" and put your open classer back together, all I want from you in payment is a trip over to the local autoplan agent so we get our plates nice and early this year for those "all in favour" days of five county havoc motard nights. :)

·
Slideways
2,937 Posts
PePe is gona make fools of you all !!!

·
SM Corporation!
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have so much fun doing this its almost sereal.....

·
Registered
819 Posts
Last year I had some trouble pulling to the rev limiter with 15/42. :mad

Let's just say that's not gonna be a problem this year :D

Boundary Bay I'll probably drop it to 13 or 14 tooth on the CS to get better acceleration. Just follow the black stripes to find the hot line boys. :rockon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts