BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Kinda Motarded
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discussed this briefly with a few other racers but thought it I might talk about it here. Does anyone have any details on whether we can access to the track for practice or race days?
From the small amount of info I have the track owners/organizers are concerned the SM bikes will damage the track. With axel and peg sliders on and catch cans in place in Quesnel not a mark was made from a full two days of riding on it. What may be helpful would be if the Chilliwack owners could talk to the Quesnel track owners to see if we did any damage. (Yup, a bit of a longshot)
Anyway, just wanted to find out if anyone had any further info and if we could get some discussions going (if there isnt any already) with the owners.

http://www.cartbc.com/index.html

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
From what I understand it's a noise by-law issue in Chilliwack.

·
From N00bie to Wannabe
4,839 Posts
Discussed this briefly with a few other racers but thought it I might talk about it here. Does anyone have any details on whether we can access to the track for practice or race days?
From the small amount of info I have the track owners/organizers are concerned the SM bikes will damage the track. With axel and peg sliders on and catch cans in place in Quesnel not a mark was made from a full two days of riding on it. What may be helpful would be if the Chilliwack owners could talk to the Quesnel track owners to see if we did any damage. (Yup, a bit of a longshot)
Anyway, just wanted to find out if anyone had any further info and if we could get some discussions going (if there isnt any already) with the owners.
Stephan, what is needed to move forward with this excellent idea is an individual whom is bright, honest, well spoken, and capable of writing a coherent sentence, skilled at successfully selling a product and its benefits in spite of initial resistance and is motivated to do so! It would be a pet project that shouldn’t take a great deal of time but managed by someone with all those capabilities as well as the ability to keep the big picture in focus and apply forethought in the execution of their plan and able to adjust to circumstances. There is some history and previous attempts to consider and get things in perspective before deciding the best approach to achieve success but that information would be considered an advantage in preparing the plan.
I think you should grab a mirror! I have every confidence you will see that person staring back at you!
As you well know, an organization is only as good as its people. The people that have stepped forward to manage Supermoto already have their plates full working to make racing and practice possible. Having an additional member take responsibility for what could be a marvellous opportunity for the growth of Supermoto without the burden of a large time commitment is a huge contribution!
Betcha regret posting this topic, eh! :laughing

·
Registered
192 Posts
This is being worked on. One thing is a noise issue they have special exhuast on the carts to make them quiet. Even with the motards with stock exhuast they would be to loud. Also they don't want the track so foot pegs would have to be folding and covered in plastic. Also any metal that could possible make a mark on the track would have to be covered as well.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I guess all those trailer park dwellers have a hard time hearing Jerry Springer over the Motorsicles.

Chilliwack is only a couple hours from here. I`d be into hauling the Husky down and doing the odd track day. What are the specs on the track? It looks bigger than Quesnels.

·
Kinda Motarded
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Touche. :surrender

Beav,

Do you have any more info on who is working on things?
I worry that the ol' wives tale that SM bikes damage tracks is at work here. It reminds me of the idea that going outside without a jacket in the winter will give you a cold.
SM bikes race on very prestigious tracks around the world without any damage. Axel sliders, peg sliders and catch cans make the bikes as easy on tracks as any other vehicle.

·
New chain...Soo smooth...
930 Posts
I was thinking about the airport - they are always crying the blues that they have no money - they may be interested in possibly renting out the airstrip for a cone-track day or possibly some motard action.

There may be a noise-complaint issue there as well, but I feel they might be more motivated to do something than the kart track.

·
Addicted to two wheels
2,615 Posts
They wanted to keep it ONLY for Karting and thought the track would be unsafe for SMs due to the closing corners......BUT.....money talks and the Karting club is having a hell of a go with just Karting. I predict.....and I hope (Since I live close by and will be racing an SM) that we see it become like F440. It's a WILD track. I can't see noise being an issue tucked in way behind the quarry.....not to mention its Reserve land.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Cart bc

I'm down in Vegas right now at the USA Karting Nationals
Talked to one of the main guys with cart bc (use to drive for them)
He is very interested in us using the track.

- problem is noise.
- planning a day to go out there and do noise tests to see what it would take.
- other problem there rent is same as tradex. too much for us. but it is a great track
- will let you all know what happens at noise test

·
New chain...Soo smooth...
930 Posts
:imwithstu Agreed. Money talks, and if the economy starts to soften more they'll be looking for new revenue sources - it's just a matter of time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If noise is the main concern, maybe a PN format (sound check) could be used on the bikes. I know the FVDR has 96db as the limit as do many other offroad clubs and there are many exhausts that could be used to bring our noise down if that's what it takes ie stock WR/CFR-X mufflers and equivalents.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts