BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone please help..
in the morning (-1) haha..my choke doesn't want to catch it will start but it and it will catch for not even a second then wont stay started i have to press on the starter for a LONG time..its pretty hard on the starter..
anyways any suggestions..im thinkin its a gummy carb or something but i don,t feel like bringing it to the shop..can any one tell me how to fix this??
tell me if you need any more info..

thanks

Shawn,

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If I recall the choke is cable activated. Have you tried lubing the housing?

·
this is my...boomstick!
1,545 Posts
Really possible the choke cable has snapped, come away from the bracket down on the carbs or pulled from it's housing at the bar end. Mild disassembly required for inspection, basically screwdriver and Allen wrench stuff. Gotta manual or some common sense? You'll be fine; try it.

CR

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No i openned her up and it seems to be working fine..

but its not..haha...i go to start it in the morning..it WILL catch but stall right away

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and yes i tried lubing it..but maybe not enough..or maybe i lubed the wrong thing?? haha doubt it though

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
my suggestion to you would be to take the air box off and check if the choke engages when you pull on the choke knob.

Alternatively, while you're cranking it over, pull the choke out, then push it back in. If it's working, you'll hear the sound change when the choke is engaged.

if it does, and you're having starting problems like that, then perhaps there is another problem.
Has the bike been stored for a long time?

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just over the winter but it was also doing it last summer...

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Your 7 does not use an actual classic choke. Instead the carbs have an enrichener circuit that draws fuel and air up through a special passage and through a bunch of really, really tiny holes so mix them up and the byproduct of fuel rich air is then drawn into the carbs. It doesn't take much to mess this emulsion tube area up in terms of grunge buildup.

There's no bandaid way to fix it. You've already figured out that the cable is pulling things as far as they can so that's not the issue. That leaves the internal carb issues as the cause. Time for a carb strip and clean with special care taken on the starter circuit.

·
this is my...boomstick!
1,545 Posts
Try starting it with a little less enricher on. People often use too much enrichment when they start their bikes and if it doesn't catch right away it gets upset. It is a feel thing a bit.

If that fails, then its time to go internal, baby. :eek

CR

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I dont know your adjustments, nor bike.. but perhaps, your running your bike too rich.. and when you pull the choke all the way on, It's just way too much gas and floods itself and stalls... I'd clean it anyways, and get the fuel/air mixture checked/adjusted

1 - 11 of 11 Posts