BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meeting point to be provided later, leaving the Lower Mainland at 7am on Friday, July 14.

Day 1- Hwy 20 and some WA backroads to Christina Lake, BC - BBQ dinner

Day 2 - Hwy 3 and 31A New Denver to Kaslo, lunch in Kaslo and back to Christina Lake for another BBQ dinner

- Swimming in the lake for the late afternoon - canoeing and paddle boarding for the adventure minded

Day 3: North Fork Road out and back plus Hwy 3 back to New Westminster

Accommodation - Shared in a modern, air conditioned park model trailer (bunkhouse style bunks) We'll be staying at www.christinalakesideresort.ca

Cost $140 per rider for 2 nights accommodation and food (2 breakfasts and 2 BBQ dinners - you're on your own for lunch)

This is limited to a maximum of 4 riders plus me. Preference will go to those who have ridden with me many times.

- experienced riders only

Supplies - bring a towel and swimsuit, - bedding is provided

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
will there be fire dancing again?

·
Posing with conviction
5,387 Posts
The reports today are the smoke has made it's way into the Lower Okanagan today and air quality is keeping most inside. This is the corridor from Princeton through Keremeos to Osoyoos. Things are changing daily but fires so far are much further north as most know, around Kamloops and over towards Cache Creek and 100 Mile House. CBC radio has extensive coverage of the situation for those that need to know. DriveBC is only a help if you know the highway system well. It's too cryptic for those who need to know now.

·
lover of twins
6,071 Posts
DriveBC is only a help if you know the highway system well. It's too cryptic for those who need to know now.
The map view actually isn't too bad I find as they post clickable icons that give you details about what's going on.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm having some difficulty clearing my work schedule for the Friday. those who are still interested, please PM me.

·
Posing with conviction
5,387 Posts
Good chance I am going on an overnight through Winthrop and Okanogan area beginning first thing tomorrow morning. I will post up with report on the weather, fire and smoke conditions.

FOLLOW UP: Didn't end up going. Events conspired against me.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Miles of road construction between Caslegar and Nakusp via New Denver. Some gravel and lots of ridged pavement. See a bump ahead sign - take it serious. I got jarred hard a couple times. New Denver to Kaslo is ok but beware of more severe bumps - a couple dandies I did not miss.
If you are heading to Nakusp best take the Nelson Kaslo route.

Not a lot of smoke here(Nakusp)but the Okanagan valley is gross.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts