BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone knows where to get chroming done because some of the chrome on my wheels is peeling off and i don't know where to get it fixed

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't do it. Its the most expensive way to junk your perfectly good wheels. But if you must, Modern Auto Plating or Superior Plating if they are still around. The chrome is peeling because the aluminum is corroded and will be pitted underneath. The chrome must be stripped by dipping in acid before re-applying and that will make the pitting even worse. The shape of the wheel may also be a problem, deep pockets in the design of the wheel will not be covered well therefore will allow moisture to affect the metals use in the chroming process. Expect to pay as much as $500 or more each. Good luck.

·
BADUNKADUNK
1,408 Posts
I tried to re-chrome my chrome wheels for my car last summer (salt damage) and no one in the lower mainland would even touch them because they were 18". They all said that they would have to be sent out to California.:rtfm So if yall know of anyone who is doing this kind of stuff out here post up.

·
independent Amsoil dealer
2,295 Posts
I had my wheels for the TLS done at Modern. Around 1999 or so. They didn't pit or or peel or anything. They looked brand new until a I wrote my bike off a couple years a go. I had no problems what so ever with them. Go into my gallery if you want to see pics. And not too mention , really easy to keep clean. Those wheels had just over 80,000km on them and not a mark or pit.:coffee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts