BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
kromedome said:
Anyone been down there yet? How are the roads?
2 weeks ago. Came back through Sumas. Roads down there were great as always.

·
Registered
196 Posts
yup, it was awesome.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not since sunday, sucks on the weekends but fun after work.

I live 5 minutes from the north end and went for a couple of quick laps last weekend :)

Jason

·
Registered
22 Posts
Jason, you been out towards south pass / silverlake yet this year? I've never ridden it but drove it the other day, looks like fun.

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
brianaintright said:
Jason, you been out towards south pass / silverlake yet this year? I've never ridden it but drove it the other day, looks like fun.
I haven't been on it this year yet, but can confirm it's a nice bike road...

Jason, the other week you were saying that Mosquito Lake road was closed with a wash out, right?? Please confirm...

Thanx

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
Yet to ride it on a bike, in a car...I love it. Cant wait to get down there this year on a bike.

·
Jason #8,946,528
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've only done the 20 myself, tomorrow will be my first run on the Chuckanut, or any other road down there, besides the I5. I'm guessing the other Jason will have more to say about the other routes.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Rode it over Spring Break. Great even in the wet.

lilfizzer. Just ride down I5 til you see the sign. It's tough to miss. It's just past Bellingham.

S

·
0 Posts
i usually chuckanut whenever i can. in front of the computer, with the old lady, etc...... it's good for the soul.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I rode Chuckanut yesterday after work, south bound is great, northbound has rocks and gravel in the center of the lane in one corner and riding into the sun makes timing turn-in tough as it can be blinding. Other than that the road is in good condition.

If the weather is good this weekend (but the forecast doesn't look good) I'll do some scouting and confirm dates on Mosquito Lake rd and Lake Whatcom blvd. I'll try to make it out South Pass to Silver Lake also.

Jason

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
ssblade said:
i usually chuckanut whenever i can. in front of the computer, with the old lady, etc...... it's good for the soul.
I almost spit my coffee reading this. :laughing

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
ssblade said:
:laughing Thats awesome man, actually made me laugh out loud.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Chuckanut, the road, doesn't do that much for me. Always debris, always motorhomes filled with slow, old people and too much traffic. I think east county is where it's at, far less cops and far less people to call them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
brianaintright said:
Chuckanut, the road, doesn't do that much for me. Always debris, always motorhomes filled with slow, old people and too much traffic. I think east county is where it's at, far less cops and far less people to call them.
I agree. It's usually frustrating on the weekends. We got lucky yesterday with the traffic but I'm alway nervous about doing back to back runs with all the people out there. But it's soo close it makes it easy to go for quick rides after work. You can start out a very fun lap with Chuckanut and back to Bellingham, takes about an hour once s. Lake Whatcom opens back up. There are a few fun turns south of Chuckanut also but not tight twisties, just farm fields with banked 90 degree turns that you can see through.

Jason

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mosquito lake road is open, Highway 9 was closed for a while but is patched now. MLR looks good, I drove it last night, but the trucks have left dirt strips down the center of the lanes in places. Bit of gravel from driveways as well. Definately rideable but wouldn't want to push it too far.

Be warned, you will hear banjos out that way.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts