Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My next new car if we ever get it in Canada. :rockon
You know how we are always 5 steps behind the rest of the world.:eek

·
Worst. Passenger. Ever.
943 Posts
i think there's been a civic type-r since around 2000. not sure what to make of this one. almost looks like a new beetle (that's a bad thing btw ;) )

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
It's still a civic :D

M

·
0 Posts
ill take an R32 or R36 which ever they wanna give the US, atleast that will be closer. only europe and asia are getting the Type R hatch. hatchbacks dont see in north america. the only econoboxes we get are the fugly smart cars. they sell like hot cakes! someone needs to tell the morons running the various car companies that canadians want COOL, PRACTICAL cars. i lost all confedience in honda cars when they brought out the ridgeline, and when they started saying "Race Inspired" when talking about the acura CSX. 153hp and barely 100lb/ft tq are ecofriendly, and about as far from racey as a chevette is from a corvette.
things only start getting cool in north america about 2008. VW is releasing the concept A and R and possibly a scirocco! you also have the new camaro around that time, as well as the dodge challenger. BMW might also have finished enough preliminary work so that we might see a dual fuel 7 series that incorporates hydrogen.
personally i think GM should sell their european cars (opal/vauxhall) here. not their entire line up most likely, but atleast they dont look like complete crap. the G6 isnt horrible, but it bears remarkable resembalance to a toyota. especially in coupe form. when i first saw it i wondered why the GM dealer was promoting the solara.

·
Registered
528 Posts
i think its nice but considering its type r and still has the same hp as the si, lame. even though suspension and yada yada are more tuned still sux. just like the rsx type r, 10 hp i think than the regular one.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I think it looks brilliant. Beautiful car, with exceedingly eye-pleasing lines.

·
Registered
371 Posts
se7en said:
i think its nice but considering its type r and still has the same hp as the si, lame. even though suspension and yada yada are more tuned still sux. just like the rsx type r, 10 hp i think than the regular one.
That would be the RSX Type S actually... :flashy

·
New chain...Soo smooth...
930 Posts
A pretty big design change - this car will turn alot of heads in the import 'scene' - you're going to see LOTS of it soon.

·
Passer of Harps
3,724 Posts
NV HondaGurl said:
The Integra had the "type r"... but when they changed it to the RSX they called it the "type s" instead. I was just teasing you :)
The integra type R isn't really compareable to the RSX type S, an integra GS-R would be the comparable vehicle. Meh, they're all slow and boring anyway....and i drive one!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Scheme said:
The integra type R isn't really compareable to the RSX type S, an integra GS-R would be the comparable vehicle. Meh, they're all slow and boring anyway....and i drive one!
LOL I know...was just being a pain and pointing out that they don't call the "top model" the type r anymore...

But at least the type s comes with a sunroof...the lack of sunroof and their 2 color choices was the only reason I went with the GS-R instead. What can I say...I'm a girl lol :D

·
DELTA-ONE
795 Posts
NV HondaGurl said:
The Integra had the "type r"... but when they changed it to the RSX they called it the "type s" instead. I was just teasing you :)
The Integra type-r (not to be mistaken for the RSX type-s) is lighter, has much better seats (Recaro's, traditional on type-r models) and rated at 220hp. :rockon

M

·
0 Posts
Black Sunshine said:
A pretty big design change - this car will turn alot of heads in the import 'scene' - you're going to see LOTS of it soon.
Its NOT coming to north america. Stylistically its a big change but, like all 4 banger honda's its lacking in torque. That Type R is a hatch version of the Si we get. The difference between the old Integra Type R and the GS-R was the Type R was a pocket rocket. The interior was very minimalist inorder to get the weight down.
There is no SiR in north america. The SiR was the previous generation 3dr hatch. Before that it was a coupe. The new one has something in the neighbourhood of 136tq. For the same price you can get a new GTi with 200hp and 200tq! The one cool thing about the Si is the limited slip diff, but it doesnt really have the power stock to really be benefitial. If set up correctly the car really doesnt need that.

·
Registered
371 Posts
mikeiscool said:
actually they have the rsx and rsx type s here, but in japan they also offer a type r.
You got me there...I don't pay much attention to what they have in Japan. If it's not available here...I don't want to waste my time wanting it, I spend enough time doing that already with a few select Italian cars...lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts