BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick question for everyone. I was victim of what was originally a hit and run on my parked bike, so I called my underwriter and opened up a claim. I have since found the driver and they are cooperating. So their insurance will be cover the repairs.

My underwriter, Federation, said that if I decide to go through insurance I should get back to him with all the details and he will deal with it.

Since this is now a collision with 100% fault of a driver with ICBC, my question now is there any benefit to keep Federation involved? Or should I just file the claim directly with ICBC? I'm just wondering if I were to take a cash out option would the underwriter be taking a cut?

Any other pros/cons to keeping the middle man involved?

Thanks

·
must have more bacon
5,434 Posts
ask federation if this affects your claim history negatively in any way , they may need the info to close out the claim you started

·
Registered
32 Posts
Report the claim to both private co & ICBC they will usually work together to have the bike fixed if u suffers personal injury (probably not in this case) then ICBC will settle with u or your lawyer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Report the claim to both private co & ICBC they will usually work together to have the bike fixed if u suffers personal injury (probably not in this case) then ICBC will settle with u or your lawyer.
How does a private co get paid when doing work on your behalf that isn't part of their responsibility? Since it's 100% on the other driver, ICBC will cover all the expenses and I have no deductible and my extra coverage from federation isn't even initiated. I'm just worried if I ask for a cash out option and federation handles all the dealings with ICBC will they take a cut?

·
Fookin Prawn
7,006 Posts
Since the other driver is at fault, ICBC will be paying for the damage. You can let your insurance company know that. It's really not that difficult, if it is, call ICBC and they'll explain it to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts