BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going in to write my class 6 knowledge test today and was going to do ICBCs online practice test to get warmerd up. Only practice test I can find is the class 5 practice test.

Just wondering if there are bike specific questions on the class 6 test or is it pretty much the class 5 knowledge test??

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Yes, there are some bike specific questions. I think I had a question about staggered riding position and parking your bike at 45 degree angle to the curb

·
+1
2,281 Posts
class 8 is everything before taking the road test. Knowledge is 8L, skills test is 8N?

I think there's a sticky in the New Riders forum with threads on preparation. ICBC has a page and 2 books to read for the knowledge test.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
one of the nicer things about the motorcycle knowledge test is. less road signs. only 40 questions i believe. it has 10 questions less than the cars knowledge test. also PM me your email and ill email the PRS notes over. they help me on passing the road test with only 1 demerit.

·
Spandex Nerd
311 Posts
Word of advice (as I recently wrote the test:)

Skip any question you do not know the answer to. You can always come back to it later on and the moment you hit 80% - the test stops. :)

·
Do Work
782 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^YES totally agree^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

as soon as you get the required number right it ends the test.

Just pass anything that your unsure about, you may not even come back to it if you get the required amount right.

For me there were alot of bike questions. Riding position, lane position, parking etc. I failed the first time cause i did not study went in and got stumped on a couple but answered anyways and ended up failing.

Although once i did study it was stupid easy and i found the MST the more difficult outta the three tests.

The road test was dope, went to richmond and the examiner there was a dude with an 600rr.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^YES totally agree^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

as soon as you get the required number right it ends the test.

Just pass anything that your unsure about, you may not even come back to it if you get the required amount right.

For me there were alot of bike questions. Riding position, lane position, parking etc. I failed the first time cause i did not study went in and got stumped on a couple but answered anyways and ended up failing.

Although once i did study it was stupid easy and i found the MST the more difficult outta the three tests.

The road test was dope, went to richmond and the examiner there was a dude with an 600rr.

really? i almost pissed my self from laughing to hard because of the MST. Road test too. I hate knowledge test's. my road test there some east indian guy with a SV1000s, missing half a finger. he was a cool guy.

·
Self-proclaimed VIP
875 Posts
www.yourlibrary.ca/driving/

Link for quizz, they are messed up though, calling it class 8, isn't it 6??
that test is a joke...

21. To be seen while riding at night, you should:
a. Wear a shiny black helmet
b. Make sure that your motocycle’s chrome is well polished
c. Wear reflective stripes on your clothing
d. Make sure your motorcycle is clean

Although the class 6 knowledge test (called class 8 before you get your full motorcycle license) is rather easy, it doesn't have ANY of these retarded questions on it. just read your roadsense for riders book cover to cover and you'll do great

ps. took me 6mins to pass the test. buddy at the counter was like "whoa!"

·
Registered
699 Posts
Agree, test very simple. Took a few minutes to do it. Read book, no way you should be failing that test.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I took mine back in November and got a lot of road signs / what does a stop light mean. I also had a bunch of the blind spot questions.

From what I've seen/been told, these tests are adaptive meaning that if you get a question wrong, the test focuses on that particular topic.

And digirat, the answer to that question is D right? Gotta keep that bike nice and shiny! :laughing

·
Registered
2 Posts
Picture shows Passenger on bike is holding shoulders, need to answer what he's doing wrong?

Passenger is sitting back not forward whats wrong ?

Bike is about to go through a curve and traffic is coming thru oncoming need to state whats dangerous to the bike?

4 Bikes In a picture, wind gust is present which of the 4 bikes are in good position? Answer: The one in the center and to the right.

Obstacle in front of your bike what should you do?

How to strike object? At 90 degrees.

Few signs and cross walk with lights question.

Why not to ride close to a truck?

Picture shows bike and need to answer which car is in its blind spot?

One or two about countersteering and counterbalance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts