BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get some 3M clear bra tape for my tank? Or something like it? My leathers rub my tank, and burnish the finish...and I don't want a tank bra. Thanks!

B

·
0 Posts
Try a ski shop and get "Ski Saver" It's for protecting the tops of your skis.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
www.thetankslapper.com

They sell clear static cling panels that fit on where your leathers rub on either side and a third strip to run up the rear of the tank to protect from zippers. I've had them on two bikes and I've got a set to put on the Z. They go on easy, stay put very well and yet if you find dirt getting under the edges after a couple of seasons they peel off with no glue problems and can be cleaned easily and squeegee'd back on. And you can get them delivered in the mail to your door for about $30 Canadian. And they are so thin and so clear that it's only with careful checking that you can even see that there is something on there. HIGHLY recomended.

Can you tell I'm enthused about this product? :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
i bought a clear 3m sheet from carter honda for 10 bucks for the exact same problem...now the only problem with it is that im too lazy to cut it and install it.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
HRC pilot said:
i bought a clear 3m sheet from carter honda for 10 bucks for the exact same problem...now the only problem with it is that im too lazy to cut it and install it.
Is that sticky stuff with a glue backing or just static cling material?

BTW, in case it wasn't clear from my post the Tankslapper comes precut to fit the individual bikes.

·
:) you'll live longer
1,112 Posts
I can get you a 2 by 3 foot sheet of the clear cling vinyl stuff. I'll check to see if that stuff i used to get is still available if you're interested.

There's some pics in my gallery on my yellow SV. And it leaves no marks if you need to remove or reposition it.

It works great for protecting against tank bags, saddle bags too, or cargo net rubbing

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
TeeTee said:
www.thetankslapper.com
Can you tell I'm enthused about this product? :D
I won't write an essay about it like Bruce did, but both my wife and I have it on our bikes (VFR 750, EX500), and it works very well. We only bought the three-piece kits (two sides and rear of tank). There is also a kit with more pieces that will cover the top of your tank to protect from scratches from your tank bag, if you're worried about that.

·
What we play is life.
730 Posts
Spike said:
I won't write an essay about it like Bruce did, but both my wife and I have it on our bikes (VFR 750, EX500), and it works very well. We only bought the three-piece kits (two sides and rear of tank). There is also a kit with more pieces that will cover the top of your tank to protect from scratches from your tank bag, if you're worried about that.
I got the complete kit and it worked well. My 600RR has a plastic tank so very prone to scuffing. Depends whether it's worth your time to try to cut the pieces to fit.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
rockshoxbiker said:
I can get you a 2 by 3 foot sheet of the clear cling vinyl stuff. I'll check to see if that stuff i used to get is still available if you're interested.....
I never did get a sheet of that stuff for doing the rear section covers to prevent scuffs from the soft luggage. If you find that it's still available I'll be sure to get over your way this time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts