BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,I'm new to the site but have been riding for years.
Was a big fan of the sand pit in richmond and yes I know that it is closed now but I have found out why.
It has come to my knowledge the the PRICK that decided to sue the port authority won his case,this self centered jerkoff ruined a fun place to ride .
It wasn't the greatest spot but it was well known buy dirtbikers and stunters as well, yes I have hurt my self out there from time to time and so have a few of my friends,but we never sued any one .
We took resposibilty for our own actions brushed the dirt off and kept going.
Yes we all were never supposed to be there but it was a cool place to hang out and get some practice.
I hpr the prick in question is happy with the 5000 he got cause I heard he spent a lot more than that,and if he didn't then he can still piss off.
People like this should not be allowed to ride cause all they think of is them selves."i'm going to sue you because you didn't try hard enough to keep my stupid ass out".
I'm so sick of these jerks that ruin things for every one.
I would like to know what this goof was thinking, did he really think he was going to get a "cool million" (jerk)! Next time go home and think about it before you put your foot in your mouth,people like you are going to get all the off road areas closed, and there's not many left close to the lower mainland.
Sorry if I was on a rant, just needed to spout.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
That's fuckin retarded. :mad You're right, idiots like this shouldn't be allowed to ride.

I was always afraid of something similar happening at a trackday or something...one rider taking another out, then the taken-out rider hitting the other with a lawsuit. Especially in the overly litigious USA.

I'm almost kind of surprised that this happened here.

What a prick. :rolleyes

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
they should be shot

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
If he successfully sued, the guy's name would be public record, and it would be in a court registry somewhere.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
here's a judgement database. But I couldn't find anything on searching as I think you'd need more info to accurately search.

I still think those comments on killing someone(or dragging behind a truck) because they did something you don't like are absolutely retarded. But wtf, this is the supernet, where stupid people say stupid shit.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I second your rant.

That was my favourite (local) place to ride.
Myself and my buddies did our best to respect the property and people...which we knew we wern't really supposed to be riding on.

If I ever find out who it was I will...[edit due to violent content]

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts

·
Motard Central
881 Posts
None of this is new!!!

Are you people surprized by this? I dont see why really. This type of behaviour has been going on for decades, and will continue for many more to come. Don't you remember Iona beach in Richmond, a wicked place to ride some 15 years ago and then some asshole decided to sue Transport Canada for a swack of cash (and received it) and then they closed the place down...why is that any different than say the fucking hillbillys in their stolen shit burning it up at McNutt or at Stave or wherever??? We, as in the people are to fucking lenient with these pricks, period. Closing areas down to dirt riders is a ongoing trend. Tree huggers, naturalists, hickers, horse people (whatever their called), politicians and other groups as such all see dirt riders as outlaws and it's very difficult to educate these self centered bastards but the bottom line is, we need to continue to support the local groups that fight for saving the very few spots left to ride at. :rtfm

·
SM Corporation!
375 Posts
Well look on the brite side of things, with Supermoto, the whole GVRD is one big pussy jus' waiting to be fucked.
From West Van to Whiterock Say hello to Ma little freng!

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
The name , I want to post it up at mission , 8 road and a few other areas. The guy desirves to have his dick pulled out and measured.

Put his face and name on a few posters so others will get the point.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I had a name I would gladly give it up.
Also it was the father that sued cause it was his kid that got hurt.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
does any one remeber strawberry island? Afew clicks past mission,was closed because of idiots burning cars and knocking down trees and generaly stupid shit like that.
It's owned but scott paper just like herrling island.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hmmmmm yes,unfortunatly. But this is what it means to me_Hi I'm a dumb fuck that will walk out my front door trip on the fucking side walk and sue the city for not making sure every little thing that I could possibly hurt myself is perfect and soft so I won't hurt my brain less melon.
I agree with Bill this guy should have his dick ripped of and fed to him!

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
Well having been riding since way back then...I remember Iona...Macdonald park, Strawberry island, The old shooting rang in north van, down under lions gate up at Cypress, Back road up to Grouse Stride dump, Kerr road, on occations # 8 road and many more...presently we are about to loose Vedder, and complaints from Scott paper over Herling...It only takes one or two idiots to get something closed down so if we see them do something...as far as I know Iona was closed cause some kid crashed and broke his back and his dad atempted to sue the airport so they put up fences and no trespassing signs, Strawberry closed due to stolen cars being dumped and burned along with a certain motorcycle gang having hit,sip and pass races with stolen cars and 4x4's running over the trees...Herrling is close to shutting us down due to litter, abandon cars, and 4x4's going into the tree plantation and running them over...some of the others were due to developments....and now with the 4 strokes being so loud there are complaints from residences in Kamloops where we ride and other places nearby such as Mc'Nutt and Vedder...it was only 2-3 years ago that the mountain bike people just about had all motorcycles baned from the mountain trying to claim it was theirs...then the horse and hikers tried to do it.....for a while the tailing pond was an issue and the excuse was we were eroding the dirt around the trees...guess what they went and clear cut a huge chunk of the mountain and now the pine beetle is forcing them to salvage what they can so piss off trying to say that our riding in the forest causes damage......and do you remember the city going into the north shore trails that the mountain bikers built and started chainsawing down the ramps???only through hard work of a very few are we still alowed to ride at certain places now so make sure you support them cause they are fighting for you...Damn!!! I am mad now...and don't forget Mission!!!!stock mufflers on race bikes...do something about the twits on the open pipes V twins!!!! not the racing that happens 5-6 times a year and is way quieter than funny cars or the nite races.

·
That new bike smell
2,863 Posts
Kerr road was the spot when I was growing up in E. Van. There was also a little dirt under the Knight St. bridge.

Idiots heating out roads- There will be speedbumps on the lookout turn at Cypress. Trust me, I will bump this post when it happens. Thank the phototaking groupride knobs.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts