BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey boys and girls,

I've noticed some talk all over the place about insurance rates and how much they suck.

Well they're is an option. I don't know a lot about it because I haven't done it (because I'm a lazy ass).. but when I bought my bike last year, CoastCapital insurance uses a insurer that will insure motorcycles (along with ICBC of course). I would give them a call and find out the details. I know that I would have saved about $225 last year for one years insurance had I gone with them.

BUT, they base your rate on how many accidents you've been in and how many tickets you have (I believe).

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
If this is true I think I would like more info. I have a claim free 12 years with only a couple tickets mixed in. Since my rates are around $2000 I would love an opportunity to save a couple hundred. :)

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well.. unless they changed it, it is true.

Try www.coastcapitalsavings.com

It used to be Richmond Savings.

But whatever insurer they use does Marine and MC... I'll look into it when I'm a little closer to insuring my bike.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Cool, we would appreciate hearing what you kind of savings you get. When do you plan on insuring?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Seeing as Coast Capital is just 10 minutes away from where I live I may just have to check that out. I have had no accidents or speeding tickets ever so it might be worthwhile.:devillook

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
I don't suppose they do anything like the Autoplan 12 thingy huh?

atom

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
I'm gonna look these guys up and give them a call on friday, since my insurance is due saturday, to see if I can save any money or not. I'll post to let you guys know what the deal is with em or any other private companies.... but I doubt they will want to insure me since i'm only 20 :(

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
atomlowe said:
I don't suppose they do anything like the Autoplan 12 thingy huh?
If I remember correctly they sorta do. 4 equal payments in a year, one every 3 months.

I wish I could remember the name.. your age may effect your pricing as well.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
If Coast Capital is offering it, you can bet it's a winner. I have my mortgage with them, and when I found out what great orgaization they are, I switched everything to them. They were Richmond Savings when I first used them, and in the 9 years I've been going there, I've never had a problem or complaint.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Well shoot, someone get a quote! I do not care for what bike, but I would like to see a direct quote from them and ICBC, just to see what kind of savings are out there.

C

·
0 Posts
This sounds like the new wave in insurance boys and girls...

To all those who get a chance ot check them out... cna you give us an update and if there's any catches...

The age thing also interests me cuz im also only 20 so hopefully theyre not age discriminators.. haha...

But yeah... give us an update guys. :p

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hu99 said:
If Coast Capital is offering it, you can bet it's a winner. and in the 9 years I've been going there, I've never had a problem or complaint.
Do they take group buy ? :rolleyes May save a buck or two (Dream on) :D

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
xenz said:

Do they take group buy ? :rolleyes May save a buck or two (Dream on) :D
I'm going to guess the answer here:NO

I don't think you can get a discount with bulk insurance, but I will ask.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts