BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered Abuser
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, you can carry in the US as a Canadian visitor. If you already have your Canadian gun license (POL or PAL) and want a concealed carry permit for the US, this 6 hour course will complete all the requirements and paperwork for you to get it. All that will be left for you to do is wait about 6 weeks for the mailman to deliver the permit.

The permit is from Utah, good for 5 years, and currently recognized by some 30 states, including Washington. You will not need to take the course again to renew.

Interestingly, there are quite a few BCBSers enrolled. You may need to register early to reserve a spot. Pm or email me and I'll forward FAQ and Registration files.

April 15th, location TBA (Vancouver)
$155US (all fees included)

·
100%GOON
1,908 Posts
ohhh the haters are gonna come for you my friend

PS: Iam going

·
Registered Abuser
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, I know. I wasn't going to post here, but since a fair number of the people going are BCBSers, I thought I'd troll a bit to make sure we haven't left any brothers behind.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Well... ok... alrighty then. :devillook Looks like I'll have to be nicer to my fellow BCSB'rs. Ummm... can I get any of you a beer? No No.. Don't get up - my pleasure :) . Anything else? Just send me a PM and I'll hop to it...

Guns, eh? Meh... I don't feel threatened at all. :hangman

:D

·
100%GOON
1,908 Posts
gixxer_76 said:
Just to state the obvious question: Why is it you feel you need to carry a gun? Scared of your shadow? :surrender
FYI...no handgun carry permits in Canada unless under very special circs...ie. prospecter,trapper, some bush aviators, law dogs, etc.

This is for the states...AND this is a notice to those interested .(which is alot of BCSB'ers) in learning more the laws applicable there...not a debate...:court

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I don't know how you will be legally permitted to carry your restricted weapon in Canada from your house to go on a trip in the US ? Believe you can only carry with a permit that is issued for specific purposes like shooting or repair. US State regulations are one thing, but Federal gun laws are another. Can you explain it legally to Canada Customs when they find it in your vehicle when you come back into Canada...or to US Customs when you go into the States ? You would have to declare a handgun either way. I can forsee major problems. Would be interested to hear how a US course can speak to Canadian Federal laws.

·
Motard Central
881 Posts
Very well said

Bison said:
I don't know how you will be legally permitted to carry your restricted weapon in Canada from your house to go on a trip in the US ? Believe you can only carry with a permit that is issued for specific purposes like shooting or repair. US State regulations are one thing, but Federal gun laws are another. Can you explain it legally to Canada Customs when they find it in your vehicle when you come back into Canada...or to US Customs when you go into the States ? You would have to declare a handgun either way. I can forsee major problems. Would be interested to hear how a US course can speak to Canadian Federal laws.

Very well said. I was wondering that myself since its a real paine just going to a local range and having an att "authorization to transport" to carry a handgun.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Maybe rubberhead could explain to me WHY any canadian firearm owner would want to or have a need to carry a handgun in the states. Beside the fact they can still throw you in jail for owning a firearm. Unless you are an America citizen or resident I don't believe you could legally purchase firearm in the state.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
mli35 said:
Maybe rubberhead could explain to me WHY any canadian firearm owner would want to or have a need to carry a handgun in the states.
How else are you gonna travel through compton? You gots ta be packin.
:laughing

Ryan

·
Registered Abuser
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Bison said:
I don't know how you will be legally permitted to carry your restricted weapon in Canada from your house to go on a trip in the US ? <SNIP> Would be interested to hear how a US course can speak to Canadian Federal laws.
I've taken guns across the border and back lots of times. It's not illegal or difficult.

It's not a U.S. course, per se, it's a course for a Canadian to get a Utah carry permit legally issued... which happens regularly. No strings, no smoke, no mirrors, nada... just straight forward paperwork. The course is for CANADIANS! and a requirement by Utah state before a ccp can be issued.

·
Registered Abuser
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
mli35 said:
Maybe rubberhead could explain to me WHY any canadian firearm owner would want to or have a need to carry a handgun in the states.
I haven't been appointed to represent any Canadian other than myself, so here goes; because I can :)

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
so all this so you can stick a gun in your pants when you cross the border? So you transport it locked and secured to the border (canadian laws?) then when you cross you pull over and shove it in your wasteband (US concealed permit) ....why dont you just carry it the canadian way when in the US. Do you only go down to the US to feel what its like to have a gun under your shirt? Whats the motivation? This just doesnt seem logical? I am only looking for clarity I guess.

oh and whats with sportbikes and guns? This has always kinda made me wonder?

·
Registered Abuser
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
adam112 said:
so all this so you can stick a gun in your pants when you cross the border? So you transport it locked and secured to the border (canadian laws?) then when you cross you pull over and shove it in your wasteband (US concealed permit) ....why dont you just carry it the canadian way when in the US. Do you only go down to the US to feel what its like to have a gun under your shirt? Whats the motivation? This just doesnt seem logical? I am only looking for clarity I guess.

oh and whats with sportbikes and guns? This has always kinda made me wonder?
It's not for everyone. If your head isn't into it then that's just how it is.

Sportsbikes and guns? Don't know. I guess they both resemble freedom.

·
Registered Abuser
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pitdogboy said:
FYI...no handgun carry permits in Canada unless under very special circs...ie. prospecter,trapper, some bush aviators, law dogs, etc.
<SNIP>
I had my Canadian Authorization To Carry (ATC) for four years. It made me a much more relaxed person :)

·
100%GOON
1,908 Posts
because I can....love the 'Earnest Hemingway' response! Damn straight. I have done tons of courses I will never use for the exact same reason.

A buddy of mine got his motorbike license last year at BCSC, he has no interest in riding or buying a bike...why? Because knowledge = power my two wheeled friends.

·
just call me baldy
392 Posts
If this interests you and/or applies then refer to the first post. If it doesnt then click the back button. This was posted to get the attention of a few people that might have missed it on another forum.

·
Bring on the sun
2,078 Posts
rubberhead said:
I had my Canadian Authorization To Carry (ATC) for four years. It made me a much more relaxed person :)
You must live in the most ghetto part of east Van or yer just a pussy. :laughing

Just playin man...

·
damn broken leg!!!!!!!
1,610 Posts
diggler132 said:
If this interests you and/or applies then refer to the first post. If it doesnt then click the back button. This was posted to get the attention of a few people that might have missed it on another forum.
You all take pride in roasting others over bikes issues but when it is your precious (Nazi) gun issue your back is against the wall (scratching head).

If you really NEED to carry a gun, first off, BU BYE, go to the USA and be a Yank. Second, see a psychologist and have your issues dealt with.

I love to shoot guns. My first shot was a 7mm Mag and I was 1" off bullseye @ 200 yards. Totally fun at a range. I own pellet guns for fun hitting targets camping. You only need a hand gun on your hip if you are scared of other people. See point number two to fix this. Or stick with point number one. BU BYE!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts