BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
we were months away from the Libs knocking on doors collecting guns.

Ill take less political bull shit in the news anyday.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Don 't we elect our local MP's so we have a voice in Ottawa?

Who the f•ck is he to muffle the voice of my elected official for the purpose of his political gain?

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
Jester666 said:
...and so it begins...
one little step at the time, and before you know it we'll have a US style dictatorship.
Beats communism in disguise.
At least Harper has the balls to actually put his money where his mouth is... his first trip was to A-stan... and not just for 2 hours ala Cretien... also he didnt wear a helmet bacwards :laughing. Instead of the usual fiberal blabbering about non-issues.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
made Man said:
Beats communism in disguise.
At least Harper has the balls to actually put his money where his mouth is... his first trip was to A-stan... and not just for 2 hours ala Cretien... also he didnt wear a helmet bacwards :laughing. Instead of the usual fiberal blabbering about non-issues.
Brother, I lived in a communist country, and believe me Canada ain't commie. Not by a long shot.

Right now, aparently Harper's only putting rags in his ministers mouths mostly...
What does he have to hide exactly, that he has to muzzle his dogs like that?
and at which point and why did Afghanistan become Canadian 'pet project' ?
where IS everybody??:laughing

·
15,773 Posts
There's no true communist country and never will be. Hence the "in disguise".

PS
I also lived in a "communist" country.

A-Stan is NATO's "pet project". Canada just happened to have more troops there ATM. Or would you rather still have taliban as a government there?

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
made Man said:
There's no true communist country and never will be. Hence the "in disguise".

PS
I also lived in a "communist" country.

A-Stan is NATO's "pet project". Canada just happened to have more troops there ATM. Or would you rather still have taliban as a government there?
no of course not. I'd let Afghanis decide who they want.If they want Taliban back, so be it..As long as they get a chanse to change their mind every 4 years, like we do.
i suppose that's where the UN/NATO comes in..

what I meant about Canada not being a commie country, is that y'know, free speach and all that.
Canada is more like Sweden or Finland really, we simply still care a bit about social programs, healthcare etc.
it's a great country to live in too. We all bellyake, but all things and complains aside, we have it pretty sweet. Nice roof over our heads, hot clean water, good cheap plentifull food, pretty much everybody can afford a vehicle, relatively solid healthcare system, pretty good schools(pricey though)
and so on.
when one looks at fundamentals-as in being well fed, safe, worm, free - Canada is pretty high above any commie or sudo commie country that ever existed in the history of this world.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Jester666 said:
what I meant about Canada not being a commie country, is that y'know, free speach and all that.
Canada is more like Sweden or Finland really, we simply still care a bit about social programs, healthcare etc.
it's a great country to live in too. We all bellyake, but all things and complains aside, we have it pretty sweet. Nice roof over our heads, hot clean water, good cheap plentifull food, pretty much everybody can afford a vehicle, relatively solid healthcare system, pretty good schools(pricey though)
and so on.
when one looks at fundamentals-as in being well fed, safe, worm, free - Canada is pretty high above any commie or sudo commie country that ever existed in the history of this world.

Wow...very well said dude. I havent been to many places in the world, but most places Ive been, it makes me feel lucky where I live.

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
The younger people in Finland think that Canada/US are utopian societies where money flows freely. Little do they realize if you dont have a skill or an education, youre going nowhere here. The government will not bail you out like they do over there.

As far as Harper goes, theyve had quite a few goof ups with the press lately due to their inexperience in the cabinets that the ministers were appointed to (execpt for Emerson) that somehting like this almost becomes a necessity to keep them in unison. Once the ministers gain some experience, I'm sure things will change.

Speaking of which, having complete greenies in some of these posts might be the best thing that could happen to the office. No longer are things necessarly done "because thats the way weve always done it"....having a fresh perspective can work wonders, or it can cause confusion.

·
15,773 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Jester666 said:
Brother, I lived in a communist country, and believe me Canada ain't commie. Not by a long shot.
I know somebody who runs a manufacturing facility in both China and in Canada. He says we are a lot closer to communism than they are.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
made Man said:
Or would you rather still have taliban as a government there?
what do you care, you don't live there? since when did the taliban become a concern of anybody in can/usa?

the only reason anyone gives a fuck is cause the media has pumped it into our brains that they are bad and should be overthrown.

there are shitty governments the world over, why are we so concerned about this one? i find it an amazing coincidence that once the poppy fields were destroyed that the taliban suddenly became a problem.

i also find it a coincidence that now that uncle sam is there the poppy fields are larger than ever.

u.s. intervention in columbia, kosovo, nicaragua, afghanistan, honduras, guatemala, panama, and on and on and on. anyone recognize a trend here?

uncle sam is the worlds largest pusher...

·
Vindicated
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
REVELATIONS said:
As far as Harper goes, theyve had quite a few goof ups with the press lately due to their inexperience in the cabinets that the ministers were appointed to (execpt for Emerson) that somehting like this almost becomes a necessity to keep them in unison. Once the ministers gain some experience, I'm sure things will change.
I don't buy that.. most of his ministers have a lot of political experience. Would you argue that Peter Mackay and Jim Flaherty are inexperienced? No way.. this is a Prime Minister that is micromanaging and essentially rendering his MPs as useless puppets.

·
15,773 Posts
radmtnbkr said:
what do you care, you don't live there? since when did the taliban become a concern of anybody in can/usa?
Something to do with the whole WTC thing?

they were Benny's puppets.

I guess you prefer your women wearing dirkas, being beheaded for helping wifes of other men, being stoned to death if they were raped. The only reason why they managed that long is because they kept the population in fear. Now there's a new kid on the block with bigger guns, so taliban ran. I guess fighting someone who out-everything you is harder than publicly executing women at soccer stadiums.
Kosovo? There were 2 peoples wanting peace but not knowing how to achieve it.

http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/netpub/server.np?find&defaultjoin=and&field=Keywords&op=contains&value=Afghanistan&site=combatcamera&catalog=photos&template=results_e.np&sorton=IPTC - DateCreated&ascending=0&offset=0
browse that website for a little bit and you'll know why.

Just in case you wont.
http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/netpub/server.np?find&catalog=photos&template=detail_e.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=10983&site=combatcamera
Under taliban they wont even get close to a school.
http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/netpub/server.np?find&catalog=photos&template=detail_e.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=10607&site=combatcamera

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
Policital experience yes, but government cabinet postings, not as much.

I agree it looks suspicious on the surface, but there is more to this than we probably will ever know.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
made Man said:
I guess you prefer your women wearing dirkas, being beheaded for helping wifes of other men, being stoned to death if they were raped. The only reason why they managed that long is because they kept the population in fear. Now there's a new kid on the block with bigger guns,
and out of this what has changed? absolutely nothing...

please tell me how the country is better off now that food production is being converted to poppies?

made Man said:
I guess fighting someone who out-everything you is harder than publicly executing women at soccer stadiums.
yes it is and i guess that dropping 5 ton bombs on wedding parties is a lot easier than going after "insurgents", the taliban or whatever else plagues the afghan people.

made Man said:
Kosovo? There were 2 peoples wanting peace but not knowing how to achieve it.
kosovo, a uncontrolled region that was the gateway between the east and europe for drugs. when milosevic decided to end that game the full weight of NATO was brought against a small country and he was jailed for it. his crime was fucking with the flow of drugs and cash, not "ethnic cleansing".

made Man said:
please, nothing more than a photo op. when the mission is over the people will be abandonded and they will be worse off in the end.

here's some pics for you to ponder.

·
15,773 Posts
kosovo, a uncontrolled region that was the gateway between the east and europe for drugs. when milosevic decided to end that game the full weight of NATO was brought against a small country and he was jailed for it. his crime was fucking with the flow of drugs and cash, not "ethnic cleansing".
Both sides did "ethnic cleansing". In Russia they had things on the news about Chroats killing Serbs, here it is the other way around. Dont kid yourself.
I have a serbian friend. The way his father put it "president came, useless war started". It was 2 peoples trying to achieve peace but did not know how to because they had atleast one generation grow up during the countinues war. I talked to someone who was born there, who's fought there and not just pulling useless statistics off left wing websites (and not just statistics off left wing websites).
They were growing poppies loooong before taliban and NATO forces were there. That statistic is useless unless you compare it to atleast the last 50 years to see how poppy production increased/decreased. Maybe the increase in poppy production actually decreased compared to previous years? But then again, this isnt the first time i see left wingers use numbers which mean nothing to "support" their point.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
radmtnbkr said:

the only reason anyone gives a fuck is cause the media has pumped it into our brains that they are bad and should be overthrown.

there are shitty governments the world over, why are we so concerned about this one? i find it an amazing coincidence that once the poppy fields were destroyed that the taliban suddenly became a problem.

i also find it a coincidence that now that uncle sam is there the poppy fields are larger than ever.

u.s. intervention in columbia, kosovo, nicaragua, afghanistan, honduras, guatemala, panama, and on and on and on. anyone recognize a trend here?

uncle sam is the worlds largest pusher...

I don't agree with US policies, don't agree with Bush's reasons for war on Iraq and don't agree on just about anything that comes out of Bush's mouth.
However, Mr Radmtnbkr, for a caring guy such as YOURSELF to say 'what do you care, you don't live there?' is a real surprise.

In a perfect world, UN would be organised in such a way, that all people in the world would only have to suffer a 'terrible government' for no more than 4 or 5 years. If the ones in power refused to have UN observed elections after that, international UN forces would "help" them out.
THAT'S the way it should be.

If Afghanis wanted to keep Taliban, so be it, but it's not like they had any choice in the matter.
And perhaps our media is totally filtered in this way, but I don't see anybody in Afghanistan sheding any tears for them, now that they're gone.

That said, US rolled over Afghanistan like a steam roller, fucked it up and fucked off...
So, the only sollution is to help these people, stay, educate them, teach them that it IS possible for the poorest of the poor to have a voice, to make a difference.
Afghanistan could be a prosperous, beautifull country, I'm wishing for a day when one can travel there without fear of getting blown to pieces by something or someone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts