BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I got a 03 CBR, which I am stoked about :rockon

So anyways, after I've been riding, or even during riding when I'm stopped, and the engine is at 104c +, I hear the whining of the fan kick on...

So when your done riding, and the bike is at that temp...Should you leave it on ACC and wait until the fan shuts off...Or just turn off your bike and go?

Sorry if repost

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
If my fan stayed on with the ignition in the ACC position, I, personlly, would definitely let it run before leaving the bike. It doesn't do any harm.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
evzbc said:
Ok so I got a 03 CBR, which I am stoked about :rockon

So anyways, after I've been riding, or even during riding when I'm stopped, and the engine is at 104c +, I hear the whining of the fan kick on...

So when your done riding, and the bike is at that temp...Should you leave it on ACC and wait until the fan shuts off...Or just turn off your bike and go?

Sorry if repost
Always let the fan cool your bike.

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
I've got a bike known for running hot. If I park and hit the kill switch the fan will run for a minute tops, just enough to drop the temp the couple degree's. I try to cool down as I roll the last block, instead of parking it while it's steaming.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
If the water pump is not running, then there is not much point cooling a little bit of water in the rad
bingo.

What does the owners manual say?

Maybe we should talk to the thousands of CBR riders in the lower (hotter) States, where ambient temps regularly tip into the 100's F.....
(okay, I'm being facetious. Seriously, don't ride it at 10/10 for that last mile, and then shut the key off and walk away. No harm done)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts