BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
streets belong 2 us
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a court date for a u-turn (bs) ticket i got a few months ago.. problem is it's during a time i had planned to be away visiting family back east. somehow i think the court will be less than receptive to my wanting to re-schedule the hearing date..

so my question.. what reason(s) will work? or have worked in the past? not that I plan to lie, i am just curious.. for "informational" purposes etc

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Just let them know that you need to be out of town for out of town family obligations, I don't think having to delve into specifics would be an issue.

You may want to mention in the adjournment form what dates you'd be available.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
They prop wont except any excuse except for:

I have retained a lawyer and he is not available at that time.

But if they do post up the results

·
SMUT PEDDLER
131 Posts
school worked as an excuse for my girlfriend. She used the excuse twice on the same ticket and got the date pushed back...finally they said $25 and it's done.

B

·
0 Posts
i've been allowed a family obligation aswell as i had a mid term test that i wasn't able to reschedule. Both times no questions asked they gave me a later date.

·
Fuelled by rice
4,463 Posts
family will work, school will not. More and more JP's are saying to bad so sad to ppl using the school or exams excuse.

B

·
0 Posts
racerboy88 said:
family will work, school will not. More and more JP's are saying to bad so sad to ppl using the school or exams excuse.
school worked for me

·
Registered
936 Posts
If you can show, ie plane ticket purchased before the court date was set, I think that is a reasonable excuse to change the date.

A

·
0 Posts
school worked for me, and will hopefully do so again for the one i need to push back in march...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts