BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would give some information to anyone on here who is interested in hearing protection on the bike. I was going through an earlier topic on custom plugs and a bunch of people had some questions I figured I could try to answer. Most of us are starting to dust off the bikes and get out there if you haven't been already (Lets face it, there was no need to put the bike away for this winter)

I have outfitted a few of you guys with custom plugs and headphones on here and wanted to open this up for anyone who had some questions about hearing protection for riding/shooting/work/etc, music, race monitors, communication, and so on.

Ask away with any questions and I'll help out the best I can!

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
(Lets face it, there was no need to put the bike away for this winter)
ahhh.... it kinda snowed out here last night... wont say where, but i'm in no hurry to go out searching for sand-filled corners...

not just yet....

but seriously, yeh i'm considering hearing protection, mostly for work, but if there is a comfortable solution for bikers then i'm keeping an ear out... :laughing

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You did me too.............I referred you to this site. Great work by the way.......
Thanks. We have gotten a lot of riders hooked up and I would love to get more as well because I use and love most of our stuff. You were most likely talking with CJ about this site. I just started with them and was big on okanagansportbikes.com when I lived in the area. Looking for a new bike now and also going to be getting into the track this season!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ahhh.... it kinda snowed out here last night...

but seriously, yeh i'm considering hearing protection, mostly for work.
Yeah, it was a teeny bit of snow. That's when a dual is a good one to ride haha.

As for work, you only have to do 5% tax on them if you're using for work purposes and can use them for whatever after. Way better than the foamies that's for sure! Plus maybe work will spring for them and you get a set of free earplugs for the bike and everything else.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sweet, free advertising.
Not my intent. Never opened with my company name at all and honestly if it's an issue that post can be deleted. Just here to answer questions about hearing protection and thats all. But if the mods want some swag in return... hahaha! jk.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
YUP, thats what i'm hoping for, hence i havent purchased yet.. few mods coming in this year, foamy's will last me a good season still :thumbup
Ohhh I get it! I put off so many things last year so I could do all the mods I wanted to my old bike. As long as you're protecting your hearing thats the main thing. Good work!

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
But if the mods want some swag in return
I am still waiting on free swag from mods that they promised, so instead you can just give me free swag and i will distribute it accordingly :D

And yes I did get my plugs from you guys. Thanks

And I also think you should offer some discount or free plugs to several people on here as they are the ones who told me and several others how they feel about their custom plugs, and in turn we got them ordered from you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And I also think you should offer some discount or free plugs to several people on here as they are the ones who told me and several others how they feel about their custom plugs, and in turn we got them ordered from you.
Haha! I would love to but we gotta pay the bills somehow and giving out tons of free stuff doesn't help us.

I will be trying my best to be a big part of the riding scene down here this season and who knows, maybe I'll feel super giving one day and get some swag to people for helping out.

In all honesty though, I am really glad to hear that others are enjoying their stuff from us and spreading the word. We have some great stuff and work are damnedest to make sure everyone is happy with us!

·
Registered
920 Posts
I am skeptical as to how effective they are. I have a set from Custom Protect and they have not worked well since receiving them. I have had them looked at twice, one was even remolded and the foam (3M brand) still work better. Any chance you guys take "trade ins" Mine don't expire until late 2016 :)

·
Registered
726 Posts
I LIKED THE REGULAR FOAM ear PLUGS. NO COMPLAINTS WITH THEM.
ORANGE ONES ARE THE BEST.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts