BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Originally this post was about me asking for any link or info on cutting a Yoshimura rs3 pipe down to make it a short pipe. Well I just went ahead and did it anyways without even bothering to search anymore. And it turned out pretty good. Used handdrill with 3/16 bit, flathead screw driver, hammer, zipcut, pop rivets andrivet gun, razor knife, measuring tape and a sharpie marker. I cant really go much into explaination, but just work it out as you go. doesnt really take much with those tools and a couple hours.
Not sure about other pipes, i imagine most are very similar??
Heres a picture of my new short pipe on my gsxr600. and it sounds awesome

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
factory pipes are hard to cut down due to them being dual chamber instead of straight flow through design. there is another thread on this that got started bout 2 weeks ago. do a search.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Couldnt find that tech anywhere on that page?.I just decided to go at it anyway.
Drilled the rivets of the base end of the pipe with a 3/16th. then got a flat head driver and a hammer and managed to pry the bolting plate away from the outside cover. Next i guess im going to start chopping it down. Ill post pictures by the end of tonight or tomarrow, might help the next person looking to do it. thanks.

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
making an aftermarket can a shorty is easier. stockers are muuuuuuuuuch more difficult.

·
Red Neck Bastard
144 Posts
Originally this post was about me asking for any link or info on cutting a Yoshimura rs3 pipe down to make it a short pipe. Well I just went ahead and did it anyways without even bothering to search anymore. And it turned out pretty good. Used handdrill with 3/16 bit, flathead screw driver, hammer, zipcut, pop rivets andrivet gun, razor knife, measuring tape and a sharpie marker. I cant really go much into explaination, but just work it out as you go. doesnt really take much with those tools and a couple hours.
Not sure about other pipes, i imagine most are very similar??
Heres a picture of my new short pipe on my gsxr600. and it sounds awesome
Good work,,,,looks like the foctory did it....

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
wicked dood!! looks just like my RS3 i cut down!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts