BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
thinking about going up for the day tomorrow unless if bloody rains up there again.

anyone else in?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I know, coulda at least have got an Audi. ;)
They're awesome in the snow. Mine's damn near on the floor and I've had no issues getting through it. Quattro + snow tires all around = safe transport when the snow is right.

Just learning to Ski this season. I can do blue runs, but only if there's some fresh powder (ie. not icy).
Don't remember what you were riding, but lose those things and strap back into your board. Much more fun.

thinking about going up for the day tomorrow unless if bloody rains up there again.

anyone else in?
Today was nice, after the fresh snow. Was testing out the new park board, so sore as fuck now, but I'll be up for a few hours in the morning before work if the weather forecast holds true. Calling for snow overnight and all day tomorrow.

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,252 Posts
Don't remember what you were riding, but lose those things and strap back into your board. Much more fun.
I've actually been enjoying skiing so much that I sold my board/bindings/boots about a week ago. Won't be going back any time soon! I now associate myself with the 2-plankers!

·
15,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
it's snowing up there.

should be up around 930ish.

·
15,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Just heads up. It's snowing hard. Road is slippery... 1 suv was already in the ditch.

Bring 4by or snow tires.

·
15,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
when you went up, was there still a newish looking SUV firmly planted into the rock face?

i cant even think of how the idiot managed to do it... short of staying in RWD, hammering the gas, and cranking over the wheel going up hill right about here... the bloody thing was perpendicular to the ditch as well...

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
there were lots of cars and suv's in ditches when I went up at 330

People with 4X4 and snow tires in the ditch. I had my van with bald 1 wheel drive and made it but I had to chain up half way.

·
15,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Idiots probably gunned it down the hill.

I just left it in 2nd "gear" and coasted down at 40kph engine braking at the curves, haha.

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,252 Posts
Sounds like the Coquihalla on any given day in December...
Went to SunPeaks from Dec 9th to 14th, and the Coq was completely clear of any snow... I was actually disappointed. But we did average 140kph each way (-10C weather), so that was an upside.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts