BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today, Saturday March 30th, I got off work at 7am and had to meet Manny at BK at 9:30 for the CBR 918RR so I went off to Cypress and then Porteau Cove then headed to BK. After the lookout at Cypress it started to get really cold and then higher up some patches of ice.....but at the bottom 1/2 I was ripping it at 200-230 nice.... still quite a bit of gravel on route to Porteau I think.....and those blasted limos.....well at work again, doing a 21 hr shift....will get of at 11pm.....

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Nice man..

I don't know if you'd catch me doing 200+ on cypress with gravel/ice..

(Btw.. it's a CBR 900RR.. the displacement may be 918.. but Honda named it the 900.. ;) )

Jim.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Big Jim said:

(Btw.. it's a CBR 900RR.. the displacement may be 918.. but Honda named it the 900.. ;) )

Jim.
Right on, Jim. I agree with you, although Human is correct when he says calling it a 918 makes it sound more exotic (perhaps even Ducati-like?) than just a plain 900, which has been made for years. :)

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
skid-mark said:
hehe... I saw the needle pass 260 on my way down cypress on Sunday:D

I prefer to do that while going uphil, I am somewhat weary of passing 200 going downhill....I have a problem with taking sharp left or right turns that involve a change in altitude, been working on it though, just can't seem to move my head to look into and passed the turn, I freeze up on the entrance, but like I said working on it....

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Can't we all just get along? If we just refer to it as a Fireblade, then everyone is happy, no?:rider

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What ? whose blade ? the movie blade ?...but then where's the fun if we all get along ? LOL....we're just having a healthy discussion, noone's right and noone's wrong....but if Jim insist he's right I am not going to argue with him (have ya seen his right hand ? :eek)....well atleast till I am on my bike and ready to go....:D:D:D:D

Hu99 said:
Can't we all just get along? If we just refer to it as a Fireblade, then everyone is happy, no?:rider

B

·
0 Posts
the last time I took a speed run on the local mountains I ended up with an $800 ticket. watch out!

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
I heard that guy rode bikes too and has since been canned for something. You should look into that... Not too many big black dudes working the Mountains. Ask around about him...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Last time i was at cypress, my speedo was reading close to 270km/h,i had to slow down... the wind wass too much for me. It would be nice to have a windscreen that actually blocks wind...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts