BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went through the bull**it of the "L" and the "N" on my car when I got my license. I'm getting my bike license this summer and I have to go through the whole process again. DAMN:firemad

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
WHAT?! Are you serious? You have to put an L and an N on your bike?!

Can someone who's just got there license confirm the details please, the wife is thinking of getting her license.

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
I got my bike licence after the L and N thing came into effect, last summer actually. I never had to use an "L" or an "N" I've never heard of that on a bike. I've had my drivers licence 10 years I don't know if that makes a difference or not but I doubt there is an "L" or "N" on bikes.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
there's no L or N on a bike :)

you either have a full license or learners..

with learners you can't carry passengers and ride after dark(both are removed once you pass your road test).

now once you pass the road test, if you have a class 7 (new driver) license for you car you get new driver for the bike..which means 0% alcohol level. once you pass you second road test, for either bike or car you get less than 0.08% acohol level.
people who are graduated drivers get this automatically once they pass their bike road test..

confused yet?

-d

·
Registered
549 Posts
Ya, if you don't have a normal drivers license. You're jacked. I think there's a MINIMUM of six months for the learner's stage, and you do have to display the L sign, and probably even the N sign after that.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes you do have to do display a L and N if you do not already have a class 5 drivers licence.

·
Registered
634 Posts
heh I saw a bike with a N once. If you've already got your class 5 don't worry about it. But yeah I'm pretty sure if you dont have anything yet you have to put on the N.

-arai-

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
uhh im pretty sure you don't have to put on the "L" or the "N" on the bike..
at least the people at the DMV never told me anything about it..
besides where the hell would you put an L on the bike?
glue it to my helmet? :p

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is how it works...if acquired your driver's licence before the whole "graduated licence" program was introduced then you don't have to worry about it. But if you had to go through the 'L' and the 'N' when getting your drivers' licence then you have to do the same for your bike licence. This is what I was told at the DMV but there seems to be many diff versions out there so don't quote me it.:D

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
absolutdm said:
WHAT?! Are you serious? You have to put an L and an N on your bike?!

Can someone who's just got there license confirm the details please, the wife is thinking of getting her license.
Adam, if she already has a valid car licence and goes through Action then no she won't have to place the L and N.....

·
Registered
227 Posts
rusty360 said:
Yes you do have to do display a L and N if you do not already have a class 5 drivers licence.
rusty360 n R6Rider are correct. here is the full details cuz i checked it out myself. if u'r in the GLP "Graduate Licensing Program" which means going through L and N for drivers license n still IN it... meaning u still hold a class 7 license for the N drivers, then if u go for your bikers at this time, u'll still have to go through the GLP steps as in L and N for the bike as well. heres how to get around it.

be patient n get your class 5 first, then when you go for your bikers license, u will not be required to have an L or N when going through those steps.

so my advice for you Raman is to get your class 5 first, thats what i gotta do too! :firemad (my test is in a month).
after passing that, then go for your bikers. believe me, its better off to wait cuz in the long run, it will be shorter to get bikers license.

as for your wife absolutdm, if she already holds a class 5, she wont have to worry about all the steps of L and N.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts