BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,206 Posts
very well done!!! I like the way it puts things together. I think you should also sticky a link to this in the noob section as well.

·
Super Moderator
5,479 Posts
Great work. Thank you for taking the time to put something like this together.

I'd like to add one factor, which will be difficult to categorize but which is at the top of my own personal list of 'dangers of riding': Inattention.

I've never gone down because of it, but I've been in situations where I know that I came close because my head wasn't in it and I know others that have had accidents because of it.

Again, great thread and I agree that it should be present in the newbie forum as well.

Bjorn

·
Registered
76 Posts
:thumbup Good work brother! As I was reading your post, one thing came to mind about riding.That is I always pretend that all the other drivers on the road are trying to hit me (half the time they probably are) Never put your life in someone elses hands,because they usually have a big mac or smoke in them anyway!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Great work. Thank you for taking the time to put something like this together.

I'd like to add one factor, which will be difficult to categorize but which is at the top of my own personal list of 'dangers of riding': Inattention.
Firstly way to go on putting so much time and effort into your thread searching SavageBovine, well done. See a need and meet it. You've done well, and it was a good read thanks.

Hehe...the inattention thing. Anyone rear ended anyone checking out the girls on the sidewalk? I've had one close one like that. (Would have been a very slow speed if it happened) I think miniskirts and the like should be outlawed anywhere bikers can ride....or maybe there is a riders course that teaches skills such as keeping your eyes off them! I need help!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Very good point Jeckyll. You're right about inattention being a large factor. Actually category #4 started being labelled more closely to that, but i found that that title suggests more rider error than the kind of examples i was finding. there are a couple situations under there that seem to suggest the comple fault of the 3rd party. If attention were higher for those circumstances who knows if they could've been avoided. As you say, it's just a little too hard to say whether the accident is due to inattention.

I've included a short script to note the importance of being hyperaware.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have never read such a well put together thread on any site and will be sharing this with my fellow riders back in Ontario. Great work!

Johnny Mo :evilgrin

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
i dont see how the first 2 "stunting" have anything to do with stunting.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
whoops. thx.

actually the first one i must have put in there b/c i had gotten a lot of hearsay that he was wheeliing. yoko(max's sister) is in a giant circle of friends. I personally dont know her well. I'll take it out though as it doesnt appear to be fact.

I think the second one still qualifies. he was wheeliing. it could easily have been a factor.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Great job!
its one thing to post about downed riders etc.
I say this is a possitive step to improve rider awareness and safety out there. Way toi be proactive! I hope we can all learn from this

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
hotty4u said:
hi im new on this site
wats up
not really the most fitting spot for an introduction as not many people will see your post here. try making a new thread in the general sportbike chat area or open forum, and say a little something about yourself. ie. riding career, riding style, plans for courses, etc. and try using the search function before asking questions as people around here tend to be a little pissy.

alternate said:
Wow, hits even closer to home when a poster in this thread is part of of the thread.

what a year this was
indeed. It struck me too

21 - 40 of 88 Posts