BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Ride Solo
4,218 Posts
bikes totaled? What did I miss?
Check the link--there is a local group touring in the Grand Canyon area on a trip organized by John Valk BMW/Ducati.

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
HOLY CRAP - glad to hear Ray and Mark are OK. Too bad about the bikes - both were set up so well, makes it tough to look at the pictures - but bikes can be replaced... glad to hear the fellas are OK!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ray's all drugged up, I'm hobbling around, staying close by.

We are looking into renting a car in Flag Staff, Ar.
and continue on the route.

i've also lost my credit card in the accident...what a mess...from bad to worse

mark

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Hi Mark

Hope you are all okay...and can I book you as the guest speaker for Octobers Beemer meeting?

:)

·
Sonrisa. Tawa. Be Happy.
631 Posts
Oh no! :( My heart sank when I saw the pictures of the aftermath.
Mark, please take care of yourself and tell Ray we are all thinking of him. I'm so sorry to hear about the accident. Too bad about the bikes, I know how much you guys were looking forward to this ride.

I'm so glad both of you were able to walk away. Keep us updated on your injuries.

What hotel are you guys at? Please PM me the phone #.

Safe journey home and we'll see you soon.
BIG HUGZ,
Jess

·
Oyi!
1,108 Posts
I just tried to call Ray but his phone is totally turned off.

Mark, Adam, and Ray, I hope we can hear from you guys soon! Come back home soon! *hugs*

·
Vindicated
3,419 Posts
Holy shite! Glad to hear you guys are relatively ok.

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
The boys are okay. They're just fine, actually. Bikes can be replaced. All I can say, apart from what I wrote in my blog is that we've got a great group of people on this ride (I'm writing from the Grand Canyon at the moment) and the technical support from John Valk and Sonja (driving the support vehicle) has be awesome.

So far on this trip we've had a Ducati blow a main bearing (replaced at BMW of Salt Lake), I've been struck by a deer and lost my radiator (replaced at a BeeMer shop in Boise), another Ducati fried a clutch (replaced clutch plates at Ducati of Salt Lake) and the same Ducati just lost it's wheel bearings (to be sorted out) and now 1 FJR and 1 BMW written off.

So it's been an interesting ride so far. But having the support truck on our heels the whole way has been invaluable.

4500km so far, 3000km to go. The Grand Canyon is just beatiful. I love the desert. And the tequila keeps flowing!

You can keep track of our ride on my Tattoodles.com blog. Mark posted the link above.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Your leaving out all of the "fun tickets" So who's got the most now?
Man I hope you guys make it back with no more probs.

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
well, it's good to hear that everyone came out of the wreckage relatively well.

hope you guys have a speedy recovery and a safe trip for the remainder.

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
Tattoodles said:
So it's been an interesting ride so far. But having the support truck on our heels the whole way has been invaluable.

4500km so far, 3000km to go. The Grand Canyon is just beatiful. I love the desert. And the tequila keeps flowing!

You can keep track of our ride on my Tattoodles.com blog. Mark posted the link above.
Adam, I think I owe you an apology re: this being a sedate ride w/o enough km's per day. Reading your blog, sounds a lot harsher than I ever imagined. I have driven through a dust storm on the way to Vegas years ago - would not be fun on a bike. Take care and get back in one piece.

greenboy said:
Is that Ray, as in Dark Knight Ray?
Yep, one and the same.

·
just having fun
4,007 Posts
oh nooooooooo. ray and mark hope you're not too banged up. take care of yourselves and we'll see you when you get back.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts