BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Meh... that's nice...
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno if this is a stupid question or not but if I buy day insurance ... is it ok if I tape it to my front windshield? ie. if it's taped there and I get pulled over will the cop ticket me b/c it's not showing in the back?? If I can't do that - any ideas on how to keep the day insurance securely attached to my plate?

R

·
0 Posts
I got a stern warning from the local coppas for keepin it in my pocket (insurance papers) lol
You need to have it displayed, otherwise if you do sumpin stupid or bolt from cops they have NO way of identifying bike.

Now I use a clear bag (insurance bag worx good) with a square chunk-o-cardboard behind it (pizza box worx GREAT) and punch holes for yur liscence plate bolts in it.

Or you could duct tape it to yur back / back of helmet :rockon

(you dont need for the front portion).

·
I am the liquor
798 Posts
I think it is fairly safe to keep it in your pocket if you already have a plate on the bike, but if you don't have plates you probably need to find a way to display it.

·
Meh... that's nice...
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeup I have plates on it.... guess I'll be stickin' it in my pocket. Thanks for the info... much appreciated... :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
you DO NOT have to display it, but if a cop does see you, you WILL be pulled over and he will give you shit for not displaying it, but icbc says they cant do shit..... ive been there more than once...ha ha not anymore though.........:devillook

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
BluNineR said:
Just put it in a ziploc and tape it to your old plate
I use a ziplock and a few rubber bands going "kitty corner" across the plate so the bands "hook" over the corners. When I get the permit I ask for a photocopy. I stick that one inside the helmet in case the one rubber banded to the plate area falls off.

I don't want to encourage the police to pull me over.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I had a police officer pull into a parking lot behind me when I had my day plate in a pocket, he accepted that I had no rear window was satisfied when he saw the permit and my license. Apparently there'd been a report of a similar bike being stolen in the area, just doing his job.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts