BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Brains... Brains!!
Joined
·
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Victim of fatal motorcycle crash in Surrey identified
August, 11 - 8:30 AM

SURREY/ CKNW (AM980) -- Police have now identified the 32-year-old Surrey man who managed to kill himself on Sunday night when he went for a ride on his unlicenced motorcycle and smacked into a car at 60th Avenue and the King George Highway.

James Robert George Bent was not wearing a helmet when he ran the stop sign, collided with one car, became separated from his bike and was run over by a second car.

----

What can you say? Not much probably since he paid the ultimate price.
 

·
Gear Driven Cams
Joined
·
4,411 Posts
Given the circumstances of the accident, i'm really surprised at the news report's gruesome choice of words there... "Separated" from his motorcycle... Yeesh. Why not say he was "separated" from his life, too.

You can definitely tell it happened in Surrey, though... His name was "Jim Bob". :)
 

·
Superduper V-twin Rider
Joined
·
318 Posts
Hobbes said:
Victim of fatal motorcycle crash in Surrey identified
August, 11 - 8:30 AM

SURREY/ CKNW (AM980) -- Police have now identified the 32-year-old Surrey man who managed to kill himself on Sunday night
Suicide by bike?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,614 Posts
Spike said:
Given the circumstances of the accident, i'm really surprised at the news report's gruesome choice of words there... "Separated" from his motorcycle... Yeesh. Why not say he was "separated" from his life, too.

How exactly is that gruesome? Odd choice of words, yes, but gruesome? Absolutely not.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,237 Posts
funny how an (far-fetched) idea can somehow end up as a legit scenario

IMHO: it wasn't suicide, it was pure stupidity. was he drunk? did he have a license?

suicide by dirtbike? come on . . . . . . .
 

·
Gear Driven Cams
Joined
·
4,411 Posts
SpideRider said:
How exactly is that gruesome? Odd choice of words, yes, but gruesome? Absolutely not.
I guess it's not really gruesome, but the words "separated" and "bike accident" together in a paragraph, on a quick glance, trigger certain mental images for me... And the first one isn't just the rider-leaving-the-bike kind of separation. I'm not sure why my brain works this way, it just seems to.
 

·
Vicious Little Tree Rat
Joined
·
4,393 Posts
DeRosa said:
funny how an (far-fetched) idea can somehow end up as a legit scenario

IMHO: it wasn't suicide, it was pure stupidity. was he drunk? did he have a license?

suicide by dirtbike? come on . . . . . . .
Do not underestimate the complete stupidity of some people!:rolleyes

:D
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top