BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

What's BRAND NEW to you?

• It's been out on >5 rides, but it has never hit the pavement, so it's still BRAND NEW

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Du lait Amour?
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are there postings with BRAND NEW in the title, but items have been used a few times as stated in the body of text. Are there acceptable amount of usage, but still qualifies as BRAND NEW. I find that to be a little bit misleading, but maybe there are justified reasons for that classification. I personally think that BRAND NEW means never been used on the road. What are some of your thoughts on this?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
0km + never seen the outdoors = brand new imo

·
Happy Camper
2,698 Posts
I believe it was God who once said, "If you set your expectations low, you'll never be dissappointed".

·
Happy Camper
2,698 Posts
Ok, that has to be a record for all three of us posting within a minute.

[edit] my comment no longer makes sense due to some posts having been removed.... :(

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
Anyways, I see this thread has been bumped down by some silly thread about exhuast pipes.
Like it's a bike website or something.

Bump.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Like it's a bike website or something.

Bump.

This site is about bikes.

Keep it on topic. Some people have earned themselves 3 days in the sin bin. If you have nothing to contribute, don't bother.

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
i have a brand new Clear alternatives tail light. its still in the box. it's never seen the light of day. its what i call brand new.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
if it's not on a store shelf it's not "brand new". guys who want 95% of retail don't seem to get the fact that half of what they paid for was service, exchange options and warranty coverage. i don't care what the product is or if it's still in the "original packaging", if it's not on the shelf it's 50% of retail.

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
if it's not on a store shelf it's not "brand new". guys who want 95% of retail don't seem to get the fact that half of what they paid for was service, exchange options and warranty coverage. i don't care what the product is or if it's still in the "original packaging", if it's not on the shelf it's 50% of retail.
Oooo... well put!

·
Newbie Poser Squid
2,709 Posts
Brand new is labels/tags are still intact and in its original packaging.

Another way to look at it, if it is not good enough to return/resell at a shop then its not brand new.

·
Waiting for the sun
502 Posts

Another way to look at it, if it is not good enough to return/resell at a shop then its not brand new.
Ditto

I find the Vancouver craiglist motorcycle list very entertaining in what people dream they call "new" and the price they think they can scam for it :laughing

·
Sonrisa. Tawa. Be Happy.
631 Posts
bafflebrain said:
I still caution Buyer Beware. A member here had a Ladies jacket for sale listed as Brand new with labels attached. However, after careful inspection I noticed the tags were located in an unusual spot. (I used to work in retail many moons ago and I know that tags should be on the sizing label near the collar/neck area or near the end of the sleeve/cuff)

I asked him if the jacket had been worn and he eventually admitted "Well it was only tried on and then worn for a quick ride. It was too small and uncomfortable for my GF, so I'm selling it."

I was pretty disappointed and angry that he posted Brand New. In the end, I still purchased it after properly negotiating it down to a "As New deceivingly re-tagged mint shape" price :thumbup

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
Tried on in the shop. Tags etc still in original places and not removed. Not used other than for size testing.

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
but new bikes have kms on them... either from the factory or from PDI... so are you saying a "new bike" isnt new? the last new bike I bought I personally unpacked from the crate.. it had 5 kms on it whenI turned the key.
tru dat and same here. my brand new bike i helped uncrate and the odo had like 7k's on it.

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
but new bikes have kms on them... either from the factory or from PDI... so are you saying a "new bike" isnt new? the last new bike I bought I personally unpacked from the crate.. it had 5 kms on it whenI turned the key.
Mine had 0.4 kms. They didn't PDI it properly. Would also expain why i couldn't freakin select 2nd gear when i rode off (shifter was set too high) ....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts