BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Takin it like a $10 Whore
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I didnt know that the Canadian Border Guards are so paranoid!
Secondly, I didnt know that the Amercian Border Guards are so nice.....

Well here goes.... On Sunday morning I decided to take my bike for a ride down towards the border or across. As I stopped beside the border guard, I turned off my bike and took of my helm and started to pull out my DL and other ID. This asshole guard asks if I ever had a record or commited a crime in the US? I said no and never been to US before. I said WHY? Thats when it all started .....................Anyhoo.... he hands me back my ID and tells me to pull over. SO I DID! As I got off my bike he says something in his radio and next thing i see is 10 guards around me with batons and tazers in hand. They tell me to do the routine ( HANDS UP...ON YOUR BELLY...HAND BEHIND BACK...WHATEVER!)

SO......next thing i know im held inside the border cells for 23 hours without a phone call or legal anything! WTF? Finally im told because I "HAD at one time" a juvenile record (A BAD ONE) my file was flagged since i turned 19. WTF? That was 6 years ago and Ive been a good boy...sometimes. After being released I wanted to make a complaint, what do they do.........CALL RCMP and have me takin away (30 feet) away from the border. WTF? And only then did a "Amercian border guard who was goin to South Surrey for some food" got over to the impound and walked my bike over to me. :) :rockon

Is there anything I can do to cross the border? or should I stay away for good! :2guns

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'm actually convinced that being a Fucking Asshole is a pre-req. for being a Customs officer. Sometimes it's a hunch that sets them off. Sometimes it's your record. I've been torn down and rubber gloved at the Canadian side before. I've had my truck taken apart to the point where it took me about 3.5 hrs. to put it back together. Oh yeah, by the way, if they take your vehicle apart, they don't have to put it back together. I missed a funeral because "it's a slow day and it's a perfect time to train some rookies on drug search proceedures". I've heard stories about random vehicle seizures because their undercover vehicle inventory is low.

I don't like going across the border at all, but I'll do it with a large group of bikes. Just seems a little safer in numbers.

I think the bottom line is that most of them got beat up a lot in school and this revenge on society for them. The rest of them were just born miserable. At any rate, 99% of the ones I've met are Fucking Assholes and we should be so lucky that they're contained to one Latitude.

And if anyone on this site is a customs officer, I'm sorry if I've offended you.......... but I feel even more sorry for your family.

Peace and love!

Oh and by the way, I don't have a criminal record or a juvy record. Not a scratch. They just didn't like the way I looked in my black 4x4. Even though my truck had company logos on it, I had business cards, and I had all the proper ID.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I thought juvenile records were cleared after you reached age.

Although given that you lied about your record when asked, I'm not surprised what happened.

·
Registered
682 Posts

Although given that you lied about your record when asked, I'm not surprised what happened.
But he's not lying if he says he doesn't have a record. That's the whole point to having a juvy record. You're givin the chance to start over once you become a little more responsible in your life. You're not required to give that info. It's to protect your image. Otherwise they might as well make you wear a hat that says " I was a fuckhead when I was a kid, so you should assume that I still am"

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
Otherwise they might as well make you wear a hat that says " I was a fuckhead when I was a kid, so you should assume that I still am"
What colour is yours?

·
Bohica
2,801 Posts
I worked with US and Can border guards for a long time. They definetly have a certain type of mentality otherwise they wouldn't get the job. Keep in mind they have to filter out the crap and being nice isn't going to cut it.

That said, they have their extreme personalities like any other profession and some of them can lay it down hard and work every bit of their power.

The trick is to be polite and respectful, answer their questions briefly and concisely. If you start to shed attitude or question them back ... well then, you may feel every bit of their authority that they choose to exact upon you. If they are having a bad day they can sure as hell make yours worse.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I worked with US and Can border guards for a long time. They definetly have a certain type of mentality otherwise they wouldn't get the job. Keep in mind they have to filter out the crap and being nice isn't going to cut it.

That said, they have their extreme personalities like any other profession and some of them can lay it down hard and work every bit of their power.

The trick is to be polite and respectful, answer their questions briefly and concisely. If you start to shed attitude or question them back ... well then, you may feel every bit of their authority that they choose to exact upon you. If they are having a bad day they can sure as hell make yours worse.
So true. And I've been crossing the border for the better part of my life. When I was a kid, I watched how my dad did it almost every weekend. Yes sir, no sir. Look them in the eye and be totally compliant. If you role your eyes or give them attitude, you're just asking for it and I agree with that. They have the power, but sometimes it doesn't matter one bit. Their just dicks.

·
Dr Tung
558 Posts
My wife always get really nervous and starts to turn red...the guard always read it and starts the 20 questions...ha So, on the way home I have to drive and they ask me 2 -3 questions... and then say have a nice day....This has happened a few dozen times....so its become a bit of a routine for me to refuse to drive when we cross the border...Cuz it so fuckin funny...LOL

·
Registered
1,364 Posts

Juvy records are never cleared. They are not used in public screening processes, but the police can check your juvenile record any time they want.

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
Been across the border 3 times. All 3 times going into the states, the guards have been assholes (although i've never been stopped etc). Every time coming back they haven't even checked my passport, just asked how long i've been in the states and waved me through. Twice on the bike, once driving.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
But he's not lying if he says he doesn't have a record. That's the whole point to having a juvy record. You're givin the chance to start over once you become a little more responsible in your life. You're not required to give that info.
Yes, he' lying. He isn't in Canada. Those laws aren't valid in the US. As far at the US is concerned, he's a convicted criminal for whatever he did and is NEVER welcome in the US.

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
I gave a border guy attitude once by accident.

3 years ago my girlfriend and I were going to Pt. Roberts and we had to turn over our birth certificates. My wife hands over this huge piece of paper since it's an Alberta birth certificate. I had no idea she was born in alberta, so I blurted out "You're from Alberta?" the guard then asked "Is that in Canada?" and on instant reaction i said "Are you serious?"

It was pretty funny afterward. I thought he was joking but it turns out he wasn;t...

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Ive crossed the line more than just a few times and I have never spoken to a Canadian Agent for entering the United States. Just like i dont see a US Agent when I cross back into Canada.

How come you were dealing with the Canadians when you were attempting to enter the United States?

Oh, BTW , those tazers aren't real- you should have fought em........

·
Registered
682 Posts
Yes, he' lying. He isn't in Canada. Those laws aren't valid in the US. As far at the US is concerned, he's a convicted criminal for whatever he did and is NEVER welcome in the US.
Ah, but.. The fuckhead had asked him whether or not he'd been in trouble or arrested in the United States of Embarrasment before. So, NO! he wasn't lying because he clearly stated that he'd never been to War-town before.

(that was strictly for sake of argument)

O

·
0 Posts
Ive crossed the line more than just a few times and I have never spoken to a Canadian Agent for entering the United States. Just like i dont see a US Agent when I cross back into Canada.

How come you were dealing with the Canadians when you were attempting to enter the United States?

Oh, BTW , those tazers aren't real- you should have fought em........
That advice doesn't seem like a good idea LOL. I assume it's a typo and he was dealing with the American border guard.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts