BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Denim looking riding pants

4K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  v10rider 
#1 ·
Was looking around in-store at the "jeans" for riding. They seem to lean towards the baggy fit. Couldn't find a company that makes them with a straight leg fit. Anyone has experience sourcing this? Thanks.

#17 ·
I second this. My Hood Jeans fit and look like a standard pair of jeans.

Hood jeans from the UK fit exactly like Levis 501s, and if you get them with the D30 hip and knee armour, they are probably one of the more protective riding jeans out there. Expensive, but you can find them new on Ebay not infrequently as well.

http://www.hoodjeans.co.uk/

Would also double down on the suggestion above about Resurgence jeans -- they're Canadian as well, so that's a plus.

#12 ·
Hood seem like a great buy, they had a discontinued line up a few months ago, armour and shipping included, for roughly $225

Dianese look great, but are definetely on the pricey side, and not many are armoured from what I remember.

AGV makes some options for a lower budget. Not armoured, but they look awesome. I got the AGV Corsica Kevlar jeans for $112 taxes-in a year ago.

There aren't many decent options out there with a "regular" fit in the big name brands. You either get the G-Unit ICON look, or the euro fit options.

#14 ·
Checked out what's available in the city, in stores and was pretty dissapointed with the denim looking pants. I will be checking out the Saint brand online.

Also, I was hoping that in the last 8 year there would be much better vented leather jackets... I found the same perfed leathers from a decade ago... need to find something more breathable but still leather.

#16 ·
True, the selection was slim, but I was hoping the gear would have had some marked innovation since last I was looking. Clearly the same protection now is cheaper than before which is great. My 800$ Shoei back then is now about 350$ for example. All around, it looks like you get get geared up cheaper nowadays :)

Anyway, would love to visit LA to shop around but probably will do OK shopping online during the off season, thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.