BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well me and buddy Dave did the Duffy Lake loop thursday, 725 Kms. and what a great day. Headed out about 8 am met him on the highway going out to Abbtsfd. Took the turn off and went across to Mission and out to Hope that way. A slight bit chilly in the morning but proved to be a perfect temprature throughout the day especially with a sort of full fairing. By the time we got up to Lytton the temp was great and the roads were absolutely quite, almost no traffic until we got to permberton and then #)#*) whistler where I was stuck behind a stupid logging truck along with about 25 other poor sods. Anyway what a great day, rolled in to my underground parking lot in Bby about 6:45 feeling great. That is one thing I will say about a Kawi Concours, what a nice comfortable long distance bike. Anyway heres some pics. Just great how the colors are in fall going from the desert up around kamloops to the beautifull colors closer to home.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Excellent!! I agree with Michael. These types are much more interesting than the ones with pics of every standing around at a Timmies parking lot. Concours or some other sport touring will be added to my garage in the near future.

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
Excellent!! I agree with Michael. These types are much more interesting than the ones with pics of every standing around at a Timmies parking lot. Concours or some other sport touring will be added to my garage in the near future.
Gotta agree here to, nice pics. That's a great trip, although I'd go the other way, coming back in from Whistler is just too painfull.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Gotta agree here to, nice pics. That's a great trip, although I'd go the other way, coming back in from Whistler is just too painfull.
Not much better than coming back along #1 and finding gridlock traffic from 268th! I guess there's always Hwy 7 though.

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
Not much better than coming back along #1 and finding gridlock traffic from 268th! I guess there's always Hwy 7 though.
Yeah, 7 to Agassiz then Chilliwack and the backroads to Sumas then zero to Hwy 99 ... I'd rather do that than crawl back from Whistler. The other advantage to going the other way is at 7 in the morning the road to Whistler is relatively empty.

·
Registered
565 Posts
We really have some of the finest motorcycling roads. Thanks for posting the pics!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
beautiful pics! wish i got to do this ride this season...hopefully once i start teaching i'll still be able to get some time off next year to get over there and do it!

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
Sounds like a great ride, nice pics.

·
Registered
437 Posts
great ride and cool pics.
I rode to pemberton last weekend in the am and froze my butt off. What a last ride of the year tho.

·
Registered
55 Posts
great ride and cool pics.
I rode to pemberton last weekend in the am and froze my butt off. What a last ride of the year tho.
I went Whistler-Lillooet-North Van this afternoon. I've done this ride many times but never with so little traffic (until 200 st!!) and in good (for the Duffy Lake road) conditions. It was fantastic!

·
Flieger sind Sieger!
2,050 Posts
I did the Duffy ten days ago, and aside from a few glazed sections in the shade, it was really nice. Beautiful scenery this time of year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts