• I don't plan to take a course

Votes: 9 2.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 81 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read an interesting statistic...92% of motorcycle crashes involve a motorcyclist who didn't take a motorcycle course...but of course..that statistic is useless without knowing how many people did a course compared to people who didn't...

Also, the planning is for people who are just getting into riding but havn't started yet...

so thus..the poll :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
I took a course 5 years ago before I bought my first bike. I definitely recommend it. I took a course with the BCSC, and they'll teach you street riding safety tips that will take you a couple years of riding experience to figure out for yourself. To learn how to ride a motorcycle is the easy part, learning how to ride it safely on city streets is what's more challenging.

·
The Comedy is in the Back
11,948 Posts
i thoguth they just give u a license?? i got mine in richmond

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
no no they don't just give it to you, you have to pay for it.. then you get it.:laughing

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
I took the course at PRS, well worth the money. No way I would have gotten into motorcycling without first doing the course.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Motorcycling, like any risky endeavour, requires *constant* upgrading, in equipment (safety and otherwise), and in skill sets.
Education and skill sets should be upgraded continually.
Had a course?
Take another, see what you can learn.

·
Sex Appeal
1,560 Posts
i was riding 4 months before the course

so i did take the course but it gave me almost nothing becuase my friend that had taken it prerviously taught me everything they were going to teach me... it was still fun though, Dats awsome

·
Registered
155 Posts
Taking a course was the best damn thing I ever did on a bike, besides buying it. It may seem pricy, but being show how to ride properly pays for the course right away, plus all the other perks that goes along with it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am currently enrolled in classes which start on May 8th at PRS.
Its nice to be assured that its worth taking this course :)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm taking the PRS course starting next week. I already have a bike, and my father's been teaching me to ride on the bike I bought, but I want to make sure I do things the right way.

·
I make grown adults cry!
344 Posts
Took a course when I learned how to drive a car, took a course when I learned to shoot guns, took a course when I learned to jump out of airplanes and took courses in just about every damn thing you can imagine. I even had to take a course when my wife had a baby. Courses are simply paying another person to sell you their experience on a subject.

Of "course" I took a course when I started to ride.

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
Simy said:
...(only down side to this course is, they didnt teach me how to do wheelies :( hehe)
worry not, there are others who teach that :rockon

·
Registered
205 Posts
No I never .. got my first bike when I was 7yrs old, an old 80 hehe .... Although the thought does cross my mind every once in awhile. I'm sure it would clear up any bad habbits

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
my cousin taught me to ride. i was thinking of taking a course but my cousin has taught me everything that teh course taught him...

in the future, i may take a racing course to improve upon my riding skills

1 - 20 of 81 Posts