BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine is looking to buy a F4i, he wanted a 05 model but there aren't any new ones availble at any of the Honda dealers around town. There are quite a few models for sale on this site and he would like to know what some of the differences are in model years from 2001 to 2004. Any help or advise would greatly be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

·
Addicted to speed
237 Posts
2001 was the first year of the dual headlight and also fuel injection. I'm not sure how they differ mechanically, but 2001-2003 have seperate seats for rider and passenger and in 04 they put the one piece seat on...aside from that and little differences in the tail (passenger handle etc.) there isnt much changed in 5 years. Quality bikes.

·
Obi-Wan Newbie
683 Posts
Most of the parts for F4i from 01-04 are basically the same. 05 has the one piece seat which seems to be alot more comfortable than the seats I have to sit on. All I can say that the F4i is a great all round bike. I put 8,000kms on mine in one riding season. As for year to year difference in performance, there are no changes. This is truly a great everyday bike. Easy to handle and take care of. Glad your buddy is looking at them especially if it is his first bike. Have fun and ride safe!!!

·
Addicted to speed
237 Posts
Tigon said:
05 has the one piece seat which seems to be alot more comfortable than the seats I have to sit on.
The one piece seat actually started in 04, the year after the RR came out. The F4i was hondas 'sporty' 600 before the RR, from 04-06 it's more sport tourer.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
As stated, the main difference is only the seat (one piece from 2004-2006) to make it more comfortable as a sport-touring bike. And the colours are different too from each year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts