BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
User And Abuser
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
a mixed bag of emotions here....Clare is going back to university to finish the PDP program, and become a teacher. this of course means that she will be outta work for more than a year, and it all falls on me and my crappy income to support us. What this means for me is I wont be able to afford the things I enjoy so much....sportbikes, dirtbikes, and my 4x4 truck. So like Micheal Jordan i have retired, but will be back when the smoke clears. I hope I can still go on group ride with all you bastids on my 2005 Trek mountain bike, but you got wait up for my pedal powered beast!:laughing

Phuck I am gonna miss riding, but the out come should be positive when all is said and done. I actually got tear in my eye as I type this (kinda pathetic eh?)but I really am gonna go through some very serius riding withdrawl, and some hefty envy when I see you all out there rollin on 2 wheels:surrender

so heres to all the fun I have with ya'll, and the fun I will have with ya'll again one day

BTW way, I will still be on this site gettin my post whore count higher, and will still be doin the Gillnetter every last Sunday of the month.

Peace
Cory

cheers:drinkbeer

Cory signing off:flip :flip :flip and one :flip for good luck

·
Registered Abuser
2,051 Posts
Shitty deal Cory, but understandable.
It will still be here when you are ready to come back. Just make sure you show up at all the demo days at dealerships just to get your fix every so often. :)

G

·
awww shitty deals man, i was hoping to ride with ya and ur flip crew for the next harrison ride! but i hope things work out for u and im sure that this community will be seeing ya in a sweeter ride!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Ummmmm......why teaching.....the moneys horrible, the hours are long, the benefits are only ok depending on distrtict. My wifes has been teaching for a few years now and um....well she's thinking of getting out of it.

Some people say they love teaching and there's a lot of joy in it but IMO you better have loads of love and joy because it could wear thin fast.

But good luck to you and your wife you could pull up a chair beside me. I'm going back to school myself in the evenings it's just another sacrifice for a better future.

·
Smooth Operator
642 Posts
sucks man. but it happens to everyone, not really a big deal... a year or so without riding. my suggestion, get a little 50 CC dirt bike for a few hundred and rip around in it, to ease the pain :D

·
Blue Power Ranger
498 Posts
Best of luck man.

Glad I got a chance to ride with you once (up to Cypress).

Too bad the po po had it out for us that day :laughing

Look forward to seeing ya back on 2 wheels!

·
User And Abuser
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its still gonna be difficult, as I am not that young...I'll be 30. Not saying thats is up there in age, but up there considering I havn't really gottem the rst of my life goin yet....house, family etc. the older I get, the harder it is to start over....but I love riding too much to give it up. For now I need to play the play the supportive husband, as she has been with me through thick and thin.

·
User And Abuser
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ummmmm......why teaching.....the moneys horrible, the hours are long, the benefits are only ok depending on distrtict. My wifes has been teaching for a few years now and um....well she's thinking of getting out of it.

Some people say they love teaching and there's a lot of joy in it but IMO you better have loads of love and joy because it could wear thin fast.

But good luck to you and your wife you could pull up a chair beside me. I'm going back to school myself in the evenings it's just another sacrifice for a better future.
like pretty much all careers, the salaries start low and get better with time. If your wife really enjoys teaching (which I am sure she does) then the higher salaries will come, and she'll be paid well for doing what she enjoys doin.

·
On a soapbox
3,008 Posts
Pick up a CHEAP project bike, and work on making something personal and unique in time to insure when the missus is working again.
Very rewarding, and helps with not riding for a while.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
:cool Hey Cory,

Kudos to you, my friend. As for 'change', ya know, the very nature of forward motion, alike riding/driving, is that sometimes things become -of necessity- fixtures confined to your rear-view mirrors. They're not out of site or in the past. They're just 'behind you' ...until it's time for them to re-appear. ;)

In the meantime, there's :flashy NO WAY :flashy anyone's gonna leave ya to the wolves [aka: the spawn-eating cager population]. :devillook Lots of us have second bikes so you'll never -ever- be without something to ride. ;) And frankly, dude, you couldn't possibly be harder on my bikes that Gurp. :D

No good-byes... just say 'hi' to Clare for me ...and we'll see ya real soon. Ya gotta take me through the backroads a few more times before the snow flies... cuz I'd be lost on my own. :(

:coffee
-Charles

·
Lee RideFar
5,463 Posts
Cory,

you are one of the most unselfish friend I know. Kudos to you for doing the right thing for your family. I expect you to keep up your "post whoring" and seeing you at the Gill every month. Like Charles said lots of us have second bikes. You are more than welcome to my CB1. Somebody needs to keep the carbs clean!!!

·
Unregistered User
2,769 Posts
Hey Cory, what can I say except I hope you get back on two wheels again sooner than you think.

BTW 30 is not old, my friend. You and Clare are the best kind of people, and I only see good things ahead for you both.

Steve

·
Registered
978 Posts
just pick somthign up partime that will make you money ontop of your career that you can do from home and you might be able to keep riding

·
Registered
274 Posts
sorry to hear that you're not gonna be ridin for a while but it's all for a good cause,,too bad i never gotta chance to meet and ride with you and your filipino crew,,when you get back to ridin count me in on one of your flip crew rides k!!!..
i'll be seein you and your wife on one of those filipino restaurants...:laughing :rockon

·
User And Abuser
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks you guys...and your right Charles, it'll be only time before ya'lls see me in your rearview again, and then passin ya's for the holeshot :)and it looks like I will be keepin you and Lee on my speed dial as my MA (motorcycles Annonymous) sponsers...wait till you get my 3:00 am phone call, hands trembling, feet shaking, and speaking in tongues muttering "need my twisty fix" lol

·
MoToSucCubUS
1,784 Posts
hey Cory, sorry to hear but on the other hand i am touched by your commitment to Clare. this is only temporary and sounds like you've got some wicked friends to keep you on two wheels now and then!

a small sacrifice for a lifelong partnership.... it's paying off already.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hey Cory, it's a pretty smart decision to invest in education.

Ever notice there are two large demographics on BCSB? The group of young, unmarried ripsters who spend almost every cent they earn on motorcycling, and live with their folks. And the second group of older (okay old) guys who have raised their kids, paid off their houses, and are back into the sport for the second time. Then there's a small group (and I won't name them but they know who they are) of high income middle-agers who can afford all the toys (usually because they are unmarried and/or don't have kids sucking up their lifeblood).

Most of the older guys (me for sure) have been through what you're going through. It's tough, but you'll be back (after you've paid off the house and shelled out mucho dinero to educate your off-spring :surrender ) and it'll be even sweeter the second time around.

Good luck to you both!

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Cory, don't worry about it, dude. Motorcycles will always be around, and occasionally life requires we step up and make sacrifices that while seemingly painful now, in the overall scheme of things, wind up being nothing more than a blip on the radar.
Good on your for supporting your wife's dreams. :thumbup

1 - 20 of 38 Posts