BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an appointment to pick up my Nexus card at the Nexus Office in Blaine tomorrow morning.

The address they gave me is 9950 Pacific HWY in Blaine, but this address doesn't list the GPS in my car.

Has anyone been there before who can give me solid driving directions? Is it actually at the Pacific truck crossing?

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
if you search "9950 Pacific HWY Blaine, WA, USA" with Google maps, it shows it.

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I saw that. But Mr. Border Guard at Nexus was telling me to take the 172 ave crossing if I'm coming from Vancouver. Which confused the hell out of me.

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
Go over the truck crossing, go up the hill and hang a right. Come back down into the parking lot that you can see when you cross the border. Although you can see the lot and the Nexus office from the border, you have to go up the hill and double back to actually get your vehicle over there.

Ask the border guard for directions. That's what I did.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
What all was involved in getting your nexus card.... I've been thinking about getting one for a while now since I go back and forth frequently.

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
PUREVIL said:
What all was involved in getting your nexus card.... I've been thinking about getting one for a while now since I go back and forth frequently.

Corvette Boy's instructions are perfect - there are Nexus signs at the top of the hill once you are through the truck crossing.

J, not sure if you are a US citizen or not, but for a Canadian is $85 for 5 years, and a snap to use. I got mine last year after nearly passing out at the border sitting on the hot bike in black leathers on a very hot day.

Fingerprints and a quick interview (after they do a background check) - nothing to it. Got my card (at the appointment at the Nexus office at the border) about 9 or 10 weeks after the initial application.

One tip though - if you plan to use it when you are in a car, everyone in the car (kids included) must have a Nexus card... can you say government cash grab??

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Out of curiosity, what kind of questions should I be prepared for during tomorrow morning's interview?

And thanks for the driving directions!

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
Tattoodles said:
Out of curiosity, what kind of questions should I be prepared for during tomorrow morning's interview?

When I had my interview last fall, they were a bit behind schedule so my 'interview' was only a couple of questions: Why do you want to get a pass (see earlier post re: nearly passing out!) and what would be my reason to visit the States (ride the bike stateside - Cascades to Winthrop:rockon - and visit close friends in Seattle mostly). End of interview - then a quick lecture/presentation from the Canadians guards on what to do when returning to Canada and what paperwork to use if you are bringing stuff back.

All in all, very painless and less than one hour total time spent there... hope this helps Adam - good luck. BTW, one reason for their backlog was due to people taking too long getting across the border for their interview - allow yourself enough time to cross the border to get to your interview on time.

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
Bikerider said:
"Have you ever been arrested?" was a question I got asked.

Oops :banghead - you are right, although they asked me if there were any changes since I submitted my application - ie., was I arrested or convicted of anything since my app? They did NOT ask me if I had ever been arrested. The application forms asks if you have ever been convicted of an offense in any country for which you have not been pardoned?

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
I am a dual citizen of the US and Canada still. Hmm it may be worth it.

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well that was fairly painless.

The Nexus office is literally behind the parking lot of the Pacific crossing.

We pulled up at the border, explained that we had an appointment at Nexus, and the border guard didn't ask us any more questions or for our ID - he just poited at the parking lot.

They took our picture and fingerprints (Uncle Sam owns me now!) and asked us if we've ever been arrested or denied entry into the U.S. They took some paperwork from us and then explained the benifits of being a Nexus card holder.

We spent most of the time responding to their questions about tattoos. They got very excited when they found out that I was a tattoo artist. It was actually a laugh a minute for the entire hour we were in the office.

I'm pretty stoked I got it and I'm looking forward to bypassing the big border lineups this summer.

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
I've considered getting the Nexus because I will be moving closer to the border and will be going to WA state for most of my recreational riding. But, the reason that I haven't so far is the fingerprint thing. I just feel that it's another bit of my privacy signed over the "the man", and I'm not keen on doing that. And no, I don't have a criminal record, (in fact I have been a volunteer with a local police dept.), so that's not the reason, just in case you were wondering!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts