BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
if anyone is looking for a metal dirt bike stand, princess auto will have them on sale for $40 starting jan 9.

no idea of quality, but i am sure it will beat the milk crate stand.

·
WMRC Past Prez three time
2,580 Posts
I'll make my own. Nice and ugly like me....

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
I was going to make one out of wood or a stump..gotta me get a milk crate instead.

·
V Lister
4,277 Posts
i love my milk crates when they break i just return them to the back of the closest safeway, and get a new one. sorta like recycling, but with a twist. thanx fer the heads up Doug. i might just go take a look on the 9th

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
wow, people still use milk crates? i was kinda joking about it. it was something we did in the 70s as kids working on our old dirt bikes. one crate for tire and chain work, 2 crates stacked to work on the top end or the carb.

·
African BCSB Rep.
776 Posts
What do bike stands normally cost? You guys think the Princess Auto ones are any good?
Thanks...
Geez, and I was eyeballing the MC jacks for $170 at crappy tire yesterday. $40 is more like it.

Personally, I use a stump. Ive been known to use the hardwood kitchen chairs, but don't tell anyone or Im a dead man

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,226 Posts
There is a huge difference between a stand and a jack. I think the stands in question are the aluminium stands that look like a little bar stool with a patch of rubber on top. You have to lift the bike onto the stand.

The jack will lift the bike up with a foot press, and will be built a little more heavy duty. Dirt bikes are so freakin' light anyways, I'll just lift mine up. Wait....most of my dirt bikes have kick stands :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just picked one up... Seems pretty good to me although I haven't used it yet as I get my bike in a couple weeks.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts